SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-02-11, 11:09 AM   #71
Raf

Default Re: Thanks For The Memories

That is truly a gutting piece of news to hear.

I hope you two all the best and that pete's health improves soon.

So, when is the first track day on the MR2?
Old 21-02-11, 12:25 PM   #72
peterco

Sorry to hear of this,Hope Pete makes a good recovery.

pete
SV650 Naked
BMW 650cs Scarfer
MZ RT 125 4 stroke
peterco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 01:25 PM   #73
northwind
Mega Poster

So sorry to hear of this guys, wish you both all the best and I hope Pete makes a full recovery. Don't really know what to say.

Can you still mark junctions in an MR2?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-11, 01:46 PM   #74
kwak zzr

WHAT????? rideouts without larry the lamb flapping in the wind??? NNNnnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

these will never be the same sorry to hear this guys
Old 21-02-11, 01:47 PM   #75
kwak zzr

ooooh just a thought

Old 21-02-11, 08:17 PM   #76
neio79

Sorry to hear about this guys. I have some of my fonsest Ride out memories with you guys and in particular the NW ride outs. One memory in particular on one of the NW rides, following you gouys on a great blast i think on a back road between Ruthin and Llangellon (sp)

YOu two are genuinly two of the nicest people i have ever encountered on a bike. The biking fraternity needs more people like you in it.

Drive safe guys.
Old 22-02-11, 09:41 AM   #77
stewie

Oh no , so sorry to hear it, was hoping to ride with you two again one day, first time I met you both was up at the pondy and you made a load of name badges for us all, think it was NW2, well Ive still got the name badge hanging up in the bedroom to remind me of a great weekend with good mates, I wish you both well, take care
Stew
Old 22-02-11, 10:49 AM   #78
Speedy Claire

I`ve had a PM from Lissa and she`s invited me to share the PM with anyone who I think might be interested, well I think that everyone will be interested so here`s the bulk of the email.........

The response we have had both on here and on Ducatisti to us having to give up bikes has truly surprised us and made us very emotional, and I thnk that is almost the hardest hing to face...not riding with all those people again, yourself included. I know we can always turn up to a meet, but it won't be the same, although we've already done a couple of runs with the MR2 guys and gals, and a Roadster CAN mark a junction!

So don't rule out us popping up at an event to surprise people, although we definitely won't be going to the GM this year, as we'll be in the south of France. I'm 50 on June 28th, and thanks to Pete I'll be spending it dong something I've always wanted to do, riding a white horse through the Camargue! He's even promised that he'll get on a horse too, even though he's never ridden one in his life and is terrified of them!

We have had some fantastic times. and have so many memories, and it really is better that we go out on a high. Far better to stop because we have decided to, than have a massive off possibly and have no choice. And we haven't discounted the possibilty of another bike somewhere down the line. Who kows what the future may bring, and if in a year or two Pete is 100% again, that is a distinct possibilty.

Feel free to share this pm with anyone you think would like to read it. I wouldn't have posted all this on the thread, but if you think it would be appreciated by others, please pass it on.

All I can add is my very best wishes for the future and for Pete`s recovery, fingers crossed it`s a full enough recovery to get the 2 of you out on a bike again...... you contributed so much to every rideout I attended with you whether it be organisation, marking a junction, advice re riding, spannering, good laughs and I`m ashamed to say the occasional picking up of my bike up for me

I`d much rather see you leave this way than risk your lives by continuing and I think you`ve both made a very brave and sensible decision.

Goodbyes are not forever,
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again
Old 24-02-11, 06:35 PM   #79
steveg

Truely gutted for you , you and Pete made me feel very welcome when I met you both

Wishing you all the best for the future

Might even clean my bike as a sign of respect

.. ok might give the headlights a wipe

Take it easy

Cheers Steveg

Now Triumph sprint 1050 ABS 05 Reg

AKA Papa Smurf
steveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-11, 08:58 PM   #80
skeetly

Thats a shame