SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-06-16, 08:09 PM   #71
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: EU Referendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
This is well worth a listen. It's from a man who knows well his subject.

https://youtu.be/USTypBKEd8Y
....but well worth a second post. Probably one of the most authoritative dissections/examinations of the subject I have seen.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-16, 09:23 PM   #72
Bibio
Mega Poster

just tried to watch some debate vids on youtube.. ohhh dear me what a bunch of self obsessed bigots. why cant we have media coverage of people who actually know what they are talking about rather than politicians who are just opening their mouths and letting the diarrhoea dribble out to gain sectional support. how are the public supposed to come to an informed and intelligent decision if they are watching 'slagging matches'. its an appalling state of affairs.

it seems that we have a housing shortage due to immigrants... this is borlocks, its due to the Gov selling off social housing stock and not building new social housing with the money they made (where did it go?). its a fact that almost every country in the EU has had a growth in population since WW2 including the UK but what everyone seems to be sidestepping is the fact that a % of the UK born population are leaving to go elsewhere and not just the EU, if these people were to have stayed the population would be much much larger than is is now but its easier to blame immigration for the UK population growth. maybe if the UK born population were to get off their fat junkie alcoholic feking arses and start taking the jobs that these so called immigrants are taking then maybe just maybe they would moan less about them but the problem is that the UK born population dont want to do these jobs as they would rather sit on their fat arzes shouting at the telly about foreign johnny's. we have immigrants coming into the UK as they know that there are low paid mundane jobs available that give them a better wage and a UK lifestyle. something else the media dont tell you is that a lot of these immigrants are flat/house sharing with overcrowding 3-4 people to every room. a large majority of them are just glad to be able to stay/work in the UK so they will do what needs to be done.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-16, 11:31 PM   #73
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Still the result isn't binding so the government has the last say.
I'm guessing if they are voting on it then we will stay in the EU.
But it can also mean that the government might be up to carry out a more extensive re negotiation of our relationship with the EU.
Old 21-06-16, 10:59 AM   #74
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Is it just me taking things far too simply but I find most of the out things come back to immigration and the rise of xenophobia and the growing surge of fascism that is spreading across Europe as a whole.

It seems to be growing everywhere as Trumps rise seems to be along the same lines.

Maybe I'm just taking things to simply or its what I'm seeing in the media.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 11:49 AM   #75
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Cheap labour.
Which is what the power's at be want.
To this end come to our country.
Get a few of your mate's. start living in cramped accommodation.
Under cut the local workforce.
We're even give you a house.
Free higher education.
Better health care.
Its easy to see why xenophobia arises.
Old 21-06-16, 12:06 PM   #76
Trev B

We have always accepted immigrants in the UK but nothing ever on the present scale,it's unprecedented,have you seen any new EXTRA hospitals,schools,prisons,police stations,power stations,sewage works,clinics or social housing being built to accommodate these extra hundreds of thousands,all the above were under pressure way before the big numbers started coming,so it's extra pressure on an already squeezed services.Every 10 years we have a census that can allow the governments to fore plan,but I bet the legal and illegal immigrants aren't accounted for on them.50 years of useless,self serving political parties,eager to sell of the U.K. To the rest of the world have bought this problem to a head and I for one have seen the changes happen during my working life and I do not like it one bit,and also have been on the toe end of a government kicking,nothing will change if we stay in,we must leave IMO to see a change not for me but for the safety and future of this once great nation,just saying and don't want to argue,my truck is not personal,just a massive protest vote !!!
Old 21-06-16, 01:22 PM   #77
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
50 years of useless,self serving political parties,eager to sell of the U.K.
and who is to blame for this... ermmm the public for voting them in and not telling them what not/to do.

hands up who has bought shares in privatisation of nationalised industry's such as BT etc.etc. well you sold them to ermm our EU members who now control pretty much everything we owned. who is to blame for that.. the public for letting it happen just to line their own pockets and make a quick £.

my hand is firmly down.
Old 21-06-16, 02:28 PM   #78
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Basically what /l\ said.

I'll Vote for in so I can have my retirement in Spain and rent my houses to a hoard of unskilled people.

Last edited by NTECUK; 21-06-16 at 02:47 PM.
NTECUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-16, 02:56 PM   #79
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Old 21-06-16, 03:03 PM   #80
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Basically what /l\ said.

I'll Vote for in so I can have my retirement in Spain and rent my houses to a hoard of unskilled people.

If the vote is out, just wait for all those fatty Little Englanders wobbling back through customs in droves.
Such a fickle bunch!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote