SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-10-07, 02:47 PM   #71
Law

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
I reckon Cardiff must be especially unfriendly. I struggle to even make eye contact with other runners.
That's cos the other runners in Cardiff are trying to escape from the police at the time
Old 12-10-07, 02:50 PM   #72
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
Oh - I get it now........

Getting rather aggressive in taper mode aren't we?
Yes Tearing out what little hair I have left
Old 12-10-07, 02:55 PM   #73
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Yes Tearing out what little hair I have left
Ed - You are quite clearly a very hardcore runner, not like me I would like a rest from my schedule, but know that if i have one day out of the schedule that would be it for me.

I am struggling at the moment with motivation, but somehow find the resolve to drag my sorry ar5e out.

How long you got to go? What mileage were you doing a week before you started tapering?
Old 12-10-07, 03:16 PM   #74
Ed

Race is on Sundat 28 Oct but I travel out on Thurs 25. Before taper - not that much really as I find it hard to get the time for midweek runs. I spose about 35ish, sometimes up to 40.
Old 15-10-07, 07:08 AM   #75
krhall

Did my 17 miler yesterday - 2:41 and I wasn't attempting to push myself either as it was supposed to be a slow run. Rather than running slow I ran comfortable as I wasn't really up for it. My new shoes are great....
Old 15-10-07, 07:38 AM   #76
sarah

Quote:
Did my 17 miler yesterday - 2:41 and I wasn't attempting to push myself either as it was supposed to be a slow run. Rather than running slow I ran comfortable as I wasn't really up for it. My new shoes are great....
Old 15-10-07, 07:44 AM   #77
krhall

Sarah - So how is your running going then? How's the new shoes?
Old 15-10-07, 07:50 AM   #78
sarah

Quote:
Sarah - So how is your running going then? How's the new shoes?
I haven't really run far enough to test my new shoes yet (only done a 3 miler but they were comfy). My next target is to be able to do 3 miles without walking, gonna see how I get on with walking for a bit every mile first though I think.

I've been really bad at bothering/remembering to warm up/down before/after running. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the v short distances I'm doing at the mo but I'm guessing that when I start running a bit further it'll be more important.
Old 15-10-07, 07:52 AM   #79
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
I haven't really run far enough to test my new shoes yet (only done a 3 miler but they were comfy). My next target is to be able to do 3 miles without walking, gonna see how I get on with walking for a bit every mile first though I think.

I've been really bad at bothering/remembering to warm up/down before/after running. Doesn't seem to be a problem with the v short distances I'm doing at the mo but I'm guessing that when I start running a bit further it'll be more important.
I never bother either....
Old 15-10-07, 08:01 AM   #80
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I never bother either....
Nah I only do a half-arsed attempt at stretching.