Default Re: Glencoe Massacre IX - Chat thread

Link doesn't work for me.
Old 08-07-16, 07:51 PM   #72
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Link doesn't work for me.
Have you just got an invite from me via FB?
Old 08-07-16, 07:56 PM   #73
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Yep, thank you.
Old 08-07-16, 07:59 PM   #74
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
Yep, thank you.
Cool, you should now be able to see the event and invite whoever you want
Old 25-07-16, 10:37 AM   #75
Fordward

Quick update. It doesn't look like we are going to fill the accommodation the hotel have reserved for us. I don't want them to be half empty that weekend because we haven't filled it, so at the end of this week I will phone them and let them know that they can release the rest of the accommodation. After that you can still book, but I can't guarantee there will be availability.
Old 25-07-16, 07:31 PM   #76
Fordward

F#$K!!!! I have a problem. I've just realised the dates are double booked with something which I can't get out of or I let down my best friend who I've known for over 25 years. This friend rearranged her dates specifically so I could be there, she'd originally booked for the August bank holiday, but I was away on the bike in France. Apparently I agreed the 10th Sept instead. The hotel is sorted, the route is sorted, lunch is a town centre stop and sort yourselves out or bring a packed lunch. The rest always was going to be a DIY affair not a laid on package holiday, but still this isn't a great state of affairs and I can only admit to being a complete f**king idiot and apologise. I suggest that I carry on with the organisation of the event (nobody else wants it) and just get everything in place for you guys to carry on have a good weekend without me. Again, I'm a f**king idiot and I can only apologise.
Old 25-07-16, 08:26 PM   #77
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Ha, I thought only I did stuff like that. Meant to be going to a wedding on the weekend of a ride I'm organising. I'm missing the wedding though.
Old 25-07-16, 08:46 PM   #78
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Ha, I thought only I did stuff like that. Meant to be going to a wedding on the weekend of a ride I'm organising. I'm missing the wedding though.
I can't miss it. If it was a straight date clash it'd be OK, but given she's rearranged it once already due to me. It's not like she'd never talk to me again, we've been good friends for 25 years, but she'd be massively let down and I can't do it to her. If I have to assign a priority to one event or the other it has to be hers.

This GM has always been a case of DIY, I'll sort the date, the location, and the rideout route, now you're all adults get on with it and go have a good time riding bikes and drinking beer.

I never envisaged for a moment I wouldn't be there myself though. I've looked at flights and bike rental to let me do the rideout, but the times don't work.

There may still be the option of me doing the rideout as far as the lunch stop then peeling off heading straight back to England for the evening. I've texted her to ask what time I need to be there on the Saturday.

I should have put the dates on the kitchen calendar, then my wife would have picked up the clash, because my brain just doesn't seem to process these things anymore. I don't know whether it's caused by stress or deteriorating with age, but it's like a glass of water full to the brim and memories are like a drop of water. To put a drop of water in, another drop has to run down the side and be lost.
Old 25-07-16, 08:49 PM   #79
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Well the bride and groom in my case want to go to a Nick Cave thing that clashes and speculated as to whether anyone would mind if they missed their own wedding. As they said, the guests could still eat and drink without them there
Old 25-07-16, 08:54 PM   #80
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Well the bride and groom in my case want to go to a Nick Cave thing that clashes and speculated as to whether anyone would mind if they missed their own wedding. As they said, the guests could still eat and drink without them there
LOL! That's pretty extreme, a wedding without a bride and groom.