SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 07-05-11, 10:30 PM   #71
speedplay

Default Re: Mallory 7th May - No Limits

Glad your ok mate but more importantly, frankengixer is sort of ok too

I'll be back in northampton on Monday evening if you need help unloading.
Old 07-05-11, 10:57 PM   #72
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
I'll be back in northampton on Monday evening if you need help unloading.
Oh aye?
Old 07-05-11, 11:08 PM   #73
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Oh aye?
Shutit you slag.
Old 08-05-11, 08:46 AM   #74
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Its cool Rob. I got the wife to unload it for me haha. She loved it. Ha.

Feeling a bit stiff today.

Really suprised at my leathers. Only a light scratch on the shoulder!! Totally wouldn't know I'd crashed a second time in them. My gloves too are perfectly fine despite crashing twice in those too. Bummed out about my helmet though, I really liked it.

Yeah G that's the fairing but £125??? I am watching a couple on ebay and hope to pay about £60.
Specialone has kindly offered me a set of bolt on footrests and indicators. Need a front brake lever and a screen n I should be okay.

Gotta wait until end of may before sorting it out properly. At the minute it's rideable with just a footrest to be done. Might even get my boss to do a fiberglass repair...or show me how as he's really good at it...his son crashes cars alot so has done it many times ha.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 09:16 AM   #75
Specialone

Pics
Old 09-05-11, 12:34 AM   #76
L3nny
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear about the off mate. Glad you're okay. Would be interested to know how your leathers held up as mine are pretty much the same and a lot of people say that A* stuff is just for posing in and will fall apart in a crash.

I think we should start a caption competition

Old 09-05-11, 04:18 AM   #77
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

My A*'s held up perfectly. The only evidence that they had been crashed in again was a slight graze on the shoulder. No stitching came loose, no holes no damage.

My hand was the first thing to go down so was expecting holes in the gloves but again some very minor scuffs.

This is the second time I've crashed in these leathers and it probably won't be the last. There is no reason not to carry on using them.

Quite impressed with my A* considering all the stories people fly about.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 09-05-11, 04:14 PM   #78
YOGI BEAR

Mr Speirs hope the hand is on the mend. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't get in on Sat and got Sunday instead. Was a little damp in the morning, not enough for wets really so I didn't bother, then by lunch time it was lovely, sorry to rub it in.....
There were some very fast guys in novices obviously not enough room in advanced/inters, but to be fair they were all very well behaved. All in all a really good day on the CB.

With regard to your red flag, they red flagged every time someone went down at Edwinas so it must be normal proceedure. Only happened twice, in the fast group each time.
I think I saw Mr Pink and White there but couldn't find him at lunch time so don't know if he left.
Old 09-05-11, 05:48 PM   #79
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Glad you had a good day Yogi.

Saturday was actually really enjoyable in the wet. Really enjoyed doing things I thought impossible in the wet!!

We had 2 go down in Edwinas before me, both times were only yellow flags. One low sided on the way out and ended up in the grass/mud on the exit and one lost it on the entrance..pretty similar to mine I think although apparently mine looked bad enough to red flag.

Sunday was indeed the better day though. Really want to do Mallory again though was having a great time.

For some reason the instructors on the sighting laps took the entrance of gerrards really wide and stayed wide until half way thorugh when they cut in. So coming into Gerrards I was over taking people on the inside, then having to cut to the outside for the second part of the corner.
Old 09-05-11, 05:51 PM   #80
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Seems like they just red flagged it as it looked bad. Surprised they didn't red flag the guy that lowsided on the exit as he'd be right in the firing line if anything else happened. You'd have been far more out of the way IMO...