SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 14-04-09, 05:38 PM   #71
ArtyLady

Default Re: If you have any AR organisation complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
I could be wrong but but all the AR's i've been on 05, 06 and 08 we have had our own field.
Exactly!!!!!!!! That is what is happening this year!
Old 14-04-09, 05:40 PM   #72
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

I asked there. It's less than a mile from my house.
They didn't like large group bookings, they don't take bookings for less than a week at high season, it's about 500 yards from the A12. I didn't get as far as asking about bikes!
Bulldog Bash - £55 otg
Bum in the Mud (local rally) = £20
Glastonbury - £175
Cambridge Folk Festival (which I am missing for the AR09) £100
Old 14-04-09, 05:41 PM   #73
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
Exactly!!!!!!!! That is what is happening this year!
For twice the price
Old 14-04-09, 05:42 PM   #74
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Actually i love France and enjoyed riding there too. My point was that we should keep cost comparisons on a like for like basis.

the others you have posted are also about £4-6 for a pitch....but this is sharing with everyone in the campsite...not an exclusive site for us to make as much noise, have a fire, park bikes by our tents etc.

So in a way you've kinda justified why it'll cost a couple of quid more for that exclusivety.

Could you imagine being on a campsite where old folks would emerge from their caravans at 9pm, wearing brown and beige cardigans and telling us "some people are trying to sleep you know" and then giving us dirty looks all of the following day.

Sounds almost like the nightmare they faced on Top Gear when they decided to go caravaning and find out what its all about.... but without the fun of setting fire to things.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-09, 05:45 PM   #75
ArtyLady

Well I've been to the venue and it's absolutely delighful - beautiful rural setting and in the grounds of a quaint Essex pub - what more could you want

(lets face it theres no pleasing some people)
Old 14-04-09, 06:04 PM   #76
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post

(lets face it theres no pleasing some people)
I just want to make an informed decision on what i'm getting for my money, because i could spend another £10ish a night and get a B&B with an exclusive shower an exclusive toilet and an exclusive fry up in the morning and not have to carry all my camping gear.
Old 14-04-09, 06:34 PM   #77
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I thought the OP stated comments posted in here would be ignored, they're clearly not being.
Thank you!!!

Sorry, I mean "LALALALALALALALALA I can't hear you 'cos I'm not listening!"
Old 14-04-09, 07:24 PM   #78
caz650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
You don't like france well here's a few in essex
Colchester Camping & Caravan Park
Cymbeline Way, Lexden, Colchester, Essex, CO3 4AG
Tel: 01206 545551 Fax: 01206 710443
E-mail: enquiries@colchestercamping.co.uk
Web: www.colchestercamping.co.uk
A parkland touring facility complete with electric hook-ups, a large play area, shop and lots of nature reserves and dog walks. Price: From £8.30 per night
Pitches for: Tents & Vans

Roydon Mill Caravan Park
Roydon, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5EJ
Tel: 01279 792777 Fax: 01279 792695
E-mail: info@roydonpark.com
Web: www.roydonpark.com

Separate areas split Motorhomes and Touring Vans from tents. Price: From £5.85 per person, per night
Pitches for: Motorhomes, Tents & Touring Vans

Kelvedon Hatch Camping & Caravanning
Waren Lane, Frog Street, Kelvedon Hatch , Brentwood , Essex , CM15 0JG
Tel: 01277 372773
Web: www.myccc.co.uk

All the peace and quiet of a rural site, with the added bonus of being only 20 miles from LONDON. Price: From £4.00 per adult, per night
Pitches for: Tents & Touring Vans

Sorry if you think i'm being a pain but i just want to know where my money is going.
You need to get your facts right ... I looked at the website for the last place that you reckon you could camp for £4.00

Its £7.49 per person + £6.46 for the pitch for your tent
for The time of year we are going .. so even if you were a member I make it £13.95 A night !!

Makes a tenner sound good value to me !!!

Last edited by caz650s; 14-04-09 at 07:32 PM.
Old 14-04-09, 07:42 PM   #79
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz650s View Post
You need to get your facts right ... I looked at the website for the last place that you reckon you could camp for £4.00

Its £7.49 per person + £6.46 for the pitch for your tent
for The time of year we are going .. so even if you were a member I make it £13.95 A night !!

Makes a tenner sound good value to me !!!
Good point, well made Sir.

Diamond...i understand where you are coming from now re what do i get for my money or am i better off going to a B&B?

Hopefully everyone else now sees the £10 perperson/per night is actually very good value for what we are getting and we can put all this cost issue behind us and lok forward to the AR...which is always fun no matter how much bitchin and moaning we all do before it
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-09, 09:14 PM   #80
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Good point, well made Sir.

Diamond...i understand where you are coming from now re what do i get for my money or am i better off going to a B&B?

Hopefully everyone else now sees the £10 perperson/per night is actually very good value for what we are getting and we can put all this cost issue behind us and lok forward to the AR...which is always fun no matter how much bitchin and moaning we all do before it
I give up all i want to know is what i get for my money. i.e is there a shop on site, do i have to pay more for tokens for the showers, is there a cafe/resturant on site maybe to get food at breakfast or dinner. But know one seems willing to give a straight answer. I didn't think it was to much to ask, and when organisers start getting defensive about it then it makes me a bit nervous about where my money is going, it might end up as **** as last years venue.