SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-06-09, 01:00 PM   #71
-Ralph-

Default Re: Couldn't believe what was happening

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - because it helps you to benefit from your experience and prepare yourself for the next time you end up in the same situation.

We all know it's not easy to keep a clear head in these situations, but there is nothing wrong with posts that discuss what action could/would be taken.
Old 06-06-09, 01:08 PM   #72
wizurd

sorry to hear about this. it really worries me how out of control some scum are really getting. just glad that the coppers seem to be on the ball. fingers crossed they do resist arrest.

Like many have said hindsight is a wonderful thing but you can't keep going over and over it in your head.

As for what to do with them. Hanging is too good for them. Give me half hour, my box of tools and a get out of jail free card and that would sort them for ever lol
Old 06-06-09, 03:26 PM   #73
CoolGirl

Really sorry to hear about this - sounds like it really shook you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Hindsight is a wonderful thing - because it helps you to benefit from your experience and prepare yourself for the next time you end up in the same situation.

We all know it's not easy to keep a clear head in these situations, but there is nothing wrong with posts that discuss what action could/would be taken.
Quite right. However, in most panic situations, whatever people think they would do, they freeze instead. The best course of action is to practice and be prepared and know what to do - that's why people do safety drills. I'd suggest you have a go at sitting on the bike in full kit with only one foot down and see what it feels like to have a swing or whatever. Or think of someone coming at you and respond with some throttle. After a couple of goes, a sense of peace-of-mind will come over you and you'll be much better prepared if the worst does ever happen.
Old 06-06-09, 03:30 PM   #74
Jamiebridges123

Grab the brake, full throttle...dump the clutch, do one of those 360 burnouts and make sure the little ****s leg is caught in the wheel.
Old 06-06-09, 04:00 PM   #75
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Probably just standing on the horn would have the desired effect of drawing plenty of attention to yourself and would deter most approaches.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-09, 04:16 PM   #76
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Probably just standing on the horn would have the desired effect of drawing plenty of attention to yourself and would deter most approaches.
Good one, although in this day and age(*over used phrase alert*) you'd wonder one; if the horn/attention would bother them, two; if anyone would aid you at all. 50/50 I'm thinkin..sadly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
Grab the brake, full throttle...dump the clutch, do one of those 360 burnouts and make sure the little ****s leg is caught in the wheel.
Either that or you'd just look a tit briefly before being easily pushed off and kicked in. bye bye bikey
Old 06-06-09, 07:03 PM   #77
rick0361

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
Really sorry to hear about this - sounds like it really shook you up.

Quite right. However, in most panic situations, whatever people think they would do, they freeze instead. The best course of action is to practice and be prepared and know what to do - that's why people do safety drills. I'd suggest you have a go at sitting on the bike in full kit with only one foot down and see what it feels like to have a swing or whatever. Or think of someone coming at you and respond with some throttle. After a couple of goes, a sense of peace-of-mind will come over you and you'll be much better prepared if the worst does ever happen.
Having had a couple of days now I think this has affected me more than I thought. I have had a couple of really restless nights - despite a couple of strong beers last night with some mates and the therapy of being able to sound off here.

Just hoped it has not screwed my blood pressure too as that is off the richter scale without medication and only just under control with it. I daren't go near the monitor in case it I am more pi$$ed off at what I find there.

What a world!
Old 06-06-09, 09:36 PM   #78
GeneticBubble

these things proberly take some time to get over, its ussually not until a few days after you actually think to yourself what actually happened! well it is for me anyway...

all will be well in time, and till then invest in either scythed wheels, or a sidecar with a mounted machine gun in!
Old 06-06-09, 09:44 PM   #79
rick0361

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticBubble View Post
these things proberly take some time to get over, its ussually not until a few days after you actually think to yourself what actually happened! well it is for me anyway...

all will be well in time, and till then invest in either scythed wheels, or a sidecar with a mounted machine gun in!
Yeah you're right - can;t get ammo for machine gun tho - shame
Old 07-06-09, 02:16 PM   #80
sauluk

They're just chavs pal, try not to let them get to you. These kids will have nothing but bad things come to them in the future so just rest on good old Karma to sort it out for you!
Was: Blue SK5
Was: KMX125.. stolen..
sauluk is offline   Reply With Quote