SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-09-09, 04:15 PM   #71
fastdruid
Mega Poster

Default Re: I've Killed Another One

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
I'm sure that an experienced mechanic could remove the engine on their own, I don't doubt that. I've taken engines out of other bikes myself before but as Druid said its easier with two, as maneuvering the engine out of the frame while keeping it balanced on a trolley jack is a bit of fun.
Easy way I did it was to first to make sure the bike is high up, the higher the better, then jack underneath, loads of cushions around and just drop the engine down and onto them.

Quote:
I might look at making some sort of jig to make getting it back in easier, not sure. Out of interest those that are happy taking it out on their own, is there a particular trick to make it easier that I'm missing or is it just down to being comfortable supporting the engine as it comes out the frame?
I found it easy enough, trick bit was to get the engine onto the jack and making sure the floor was clean so that it rolled easily but then it was a piece of ****

Druid