SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-08-20, 04:50 PM   #8421
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
eBay has been very glitchy recently. It's taken me in a loop signing in again and again to access certain areas of the site.

It may be a virus, is there an EBay-20 virus around ? Maybe they have bats roosting in the roof of their bay.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-20, 06:28 PM   #8422
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
To be fair I used to get annoyed about that but I'm trying to buy a car at the moment and 80% of them so far by the time I've checked the MOT history, thought about it , compared all others for a price guage and gone to arrange a viewing "it's sold".

The one that wasn't, I went to view from a trader - asked him if everyting works as it should before I set off he said yes, got there and it was ****ed he denied all of it until I pointed out there were lights on the dash stating it was ****ed, plus the electrics didn't work and he only had one key and no log book or service history. Toss.

Why people don't remove it or mark as sold after a day or so is beyond me
I had a similar incident when i went to see a car in Cardiff (its a 300 mile round trip). It was the exact/better spec i wanted and ticked all boxes, inc the price. Called them up asked loads of questions, and said i will take it on the day if it's good and as described. Turned up and plenty wrong with it, and they were trying to convince me otherwise. I'm assuming they thought i'd not drive all that way for nothing, but i did as the car was not as described.
Annoyed me wasting that time but equally it could have been the one. I simply chalk that dealer down as one i wouldn't consider again, regardless of what the car was.

2nd hand car market is crazy atm as no one is buying new, which has also inflated all the prices by about 20% or more. I was in the same boat until recently - found what i wanted and got it within 3 days as i did not want to hang around. I knew what i wanted it was all about the price for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Fills me with dread. I'm about to sell off a few bits of camera gear and I'm sure I'll get all sorts of crap from buyers. I'd love to sell it all on Gumtree, with people just coming to get it, like I did with my old hedge trimmers earlier in the year, but I know it will cut down on who is likely to be interested. Annoyingly I thought I had gotten rid of the Practika SLR which will cost me £10 to post but the shop that was taking it in PX claimed it was broken. Bloody liars! Nothing wrong with it - young pillock that tested it claimed it would not load film but the sprockets work fine, so he clearly had no clue as to how it worked.
To be fair the buyers are ok, but forget you are not an ecommerce shop, so things don't ship immediately and you don't reply immediately to messages.
Anything expensive i always send insured and tracked, and take pics of it working so they can't kick up a fuss when it arrives.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-20, 06:28 PM   #8423
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
eBay has been very glitchy recently. It's taken me in a loop signing in again and again to access certain areas of the site.
they were doing some updates recently that caused it, as i too was having issues going round in circles.

BMW F800ST
Old 18-08-20, 09:44 AM   #8424
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
I had a similar incident when i went to see a car in Cardiff (its a 300 mile round trip). It was the exact/better spec i wanted and ticked all boxes, inc the price. Called them up asked loads of questions, and said i will take it on the day if it's good and as described. Turned up and plenty wrong with it, and they were trying to convince me otherwise. I'm assuming they thought i'd not drive all that way for nothing, but i did as the car was not as described.
Annoyed me wasting that time but equally it could have been the one. I simply chalk that dealer down as one i wouldn't consider again, regardless of what the car was.

2nd hand car market is crazy atm as no one is buying new, which has also inflated all the prices by about 20% or more. I was in the same boat until recently - found what i wanted and got it within 3 days as i did not want to hang around. I knew what i wanted it was all about the price for me.

To be fair the buyers are ok, but forget you are not an ecommerce shop, so things don't ship immediately and you don't reply immediately to messages.
Anything expensive i always send insured and tracked, and take pics of it working so they can't kick up a fuss when it arrives.
It's a nightmare, I didn't go tooo far but it was about 3.5hours round trip and has put me off going any further (funnily enough saw one in Wales). I told him I was going round the corner to think it over a pint and ****ed off. Hope he waited around.
Old 18-08-20, 02:06 PM   #8425
Chris_SVS

Employment agencies - I have NEVER been in contact with a more incompetent group of individuals.

Thoroughly lied to a few weeks back when offered a job - the day of the job it became temporary via agency rather than the fulltime role as agreed. Anyway I was there for just over 1hr then left

Registered with another offering jobs locally, Ok Chris go to X at 9am on monday for induction (In the meantime I've tweaked my back) Email as such to the agent advising that I would be available for induction but as yet not for work - It was cancelled anyway and I had to phone them to find this out, it was rearranged for tuesday 9am by which point I was lying on a therapists massage table. Still not 100%

Applied for a job yesterday lunchtime, mid afternoon get a response asking was I interested (Yes) Ok that's great.. I message them this morning enquiring if it's still going ahead (or indeed, with me in the job) and have yet to receive a response - The job starts at 4pm, 55mins time and I'm basically an hour away

Sooo, I would be late. FFS

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 18-08-20 at 02:07 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-20, 04:29 PM   #8426
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

A shell garage wouldn't turn on the pump today and asked me to remove my helmet. Are they joking? You can't see ANYONES face right now and it really isn't the most hygienic to put my helmet down anywhere in a petrol station. I said no and rode off
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-20, 04:46 PM   #8427
DJ123
Mega Poster

The worst thing about that is even if a bike was to ride off, it's not going to be more than £20!

Many moons ago there was a petrol station i used to fill up at on my day long ride outs, until they started enforcing that rule. Never went back again and go to one up the road instead. Everyone could walk in with hats on, masks, sunglasses, religious clothing etc which obscure the face just as much . . . .

BMW F800ST
Old 19-08-20, 04:56 PM   #8428
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
A shell garage wouldn't turn on the pump today and asked me to remove my helmet. Are they joking? You can't see ANYONES face right now and it really isn't the most hygienic to put my helmet down anywhere in a petrol station. I said no and rode off
My local Shell station tried that for a while, and I refused to use it. They simply ask that bikers lift their visor now.

The Gulf station at the A534 / A41 roundabout insists on bikers removing helmets too. Not a good idea when there's a station 2 miles away that is happy to take any business.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-20, 10:30 PM   #8429
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Got hold of a bloke leaving the scene of an accident, pretty sure he was pished. Police wouldn't turn up despite it being about 50yards from a police station. Not sure he's even going to get done for leaving the scene and he's definitely dodged the DUI. God bless the people we share this planet with.
Old 23-08-20, 07:13 AM   #8430
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Got hold of a bloke leaving the scene of an accident, pretty sure he was pished. Police wouldn't turn up despite it being about 50yards from a police station. Not sure he's even going to get done for leaving the scene and he's definitely dodged the DUI. God bless the people we share this planet with.

Police too busy being woke and pandering to minorities to do their proper job... Even with video evidence they often can't be 4r5ed...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote