SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 23-07-06, 07:55 PM   #861
The Basket

it is on Eurosport at 2200h this evening.

I think Randy Mamola is the class act of euro.

Old 23-07-06, 08:41 PM   #862
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Its on BBCi now.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 23-07-06, 11:01 PM   #863
The Basket

Excellent racing there...top entertainment.

Looked bloody hot there...but what a race track...the corkscrew...Ohhh What I would give to just to have a lap there.

Old 24-07-06, 10:44 AM   #864
SVeeedy Gonzales

I dind't like it - not just for the obvious reason though...

All that sand - It wasn't like that last year - was it? Not much excitement, not much changing of position either. Even the corkscrew seemed to have been flattedned down from how I remembered it from last year.

Someone who makes tyres and someone else who makes bikes are going to be getting an earful if they haven't already.

I would have probably thought more of the race if THAT (or should it be THOSE TWO?) things hadn;t happened, and if they'd managed to supply a track that didn't have more sand on it than the Seychelles.

Old 24-07-06, 11:02 AM   #865
Peter Henry

Sveedy...Not at all sure what your "obvious reason" might be to bo honest. You telling me the things you list are all you felt worthy of commenting on in that race?

Old 24-07-06, 11:29 AM   #866
The Basket

The track was a bit of a mess.

Although the track temperature was boiling.

I am not commenting on the race until tomoz, as per spec.

Old 24-07-06, 11:59 AM   #867
zunkus

I'm really sorry for Edwards with his bike not being that good. I'm sure he gave it all and I think the pressure on him to perform is mounting higher and higher now. Only the Suzuka race to save him from leaving the Yamaha MotGP seat now.

Also sorry for Capirossi. The dukes seem to have some trouble in some circuits with those Bridgestones. What about Suzuki? Vermulan was astonishing. I really wish the Suzuki would start kicking butt. It's a pitty that when they'll finally sort the bugs out they'll have to start afresh with the new 800cc engine regulation for next year.

I'm getting sick of Hadon now with his slanty smile. Sorry Simon (my little brother) for sayin this, I know you like the guy, but I always end up hating the Repsol guys for some reason. Only Vale managed to stay in my good books from that team. I guess because he had the guts to look elsewhere. And what about that little guy Pedrosa. Cold as ice. He wins and all you get is "not so bad" from him. He's never happy is he?

Old 24-07-06, 02:50 PM   #868
SVeeedy Gonzales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Sveedy...Not at all sure what your "obvious reason" might be to bo honest. You telling me the things you list are all you felt worthy of commenting on in that race?
Apart from a few people falling off and someone having a bike fall to bits, all I could see were people teetering about on the corners praying they didn't get too much sand under their wheels. It was more exciting than Shanghai. I'll give it that.

Old 24-07-06, 03:35 PM   #869
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus
what about that little guy Pedrosa. Cold as ice. He wins and all you get is "not so bad" from him. He's never happy is he?
I nearly fell of my chair Dani Pedrosa was waving to the crowd on his slowing down lap. I think the lad has found his personality at last.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 24-07-06, 03:55 PM   #870
The Basket

Rossi looks like he has lost this one.

Seemed to realize it when he got back to the pits.

He really has had some bad luck this year.

Closed Thread