SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-12-20, 08:23 PM   #8961
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

time for those that spoil it for the rest of us to face consequences for their actions. or are we to have a nanny state for ever and let people destroy other people life's due to it.

your county would be your county and you would need to stick to it. i dont care if there are 4 supermarkets or even if the queen was handing out notes with her head on the front to people in other county's and the people within it would be responsible for each others wellbeing and if they want restrictions lifted they would need to wise up.

this country is a furkin joke when it comes to letting people run wild.

get ill and die if you like but dont drag us down with you.

there my 2p worth.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-20, 10:54 PM   #8962
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
When I had my little incident in 2018, Carol Nash pushed the loan bike option vigorously.
This is despite only having one functioning limb. Obviously I rejected their offer.

Paperwork said cost was £160 a day. The 2 months I'd have needed it for would have been more than buying a new bike. Yes this is a scam pushing up our insurance costs.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
It's ridiculous. Not sure about with CN but reckon if you'd checked the paperwork it would state you are liable if it goes pete tong. I can't believe claiming for a bike you can't even ride seems to wash - but apparently so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
My minor gripe starts with a question: When is 4 inches not 4 inches?
Answer: when it's ducting.

I have an old extractor fan which I'm going to repurpose in the garage, it has an exact diameter of 4 inches. 4 inches is 101.6mm. If you purchase 4 inch ducting it is 100mm and I don't think anyone makes an adaptor. I was planning on using rigid ducting but I think I'll now have to use flexible ducting and ram it on the fan to use the technical description.

I suppose this is why we have duct tape.
Think you're best to do that! They don't make them like they used to. A friend's house burned down and the cause was a timer unit frying in a bathroom fan, I've just been shopping for one and lots of reviews of the top brands state complete failure within a year or so or burning. I settled with a Manrose but my minor gripe is that it has loose flaps...maybe that's more to do with my 4 inches

Last edited by Dave20046; 23-12-20 at 10:55 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-20, 11:47 PM   #8963
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
It's ridiculous. Not sure about with CN but reckon if you'd checked the paperwork it would state you are liable if it goes pete tong. I can't believe claiming for a bike you can't even ride seems to wash - but apparently so.

Think you're best to do that! They don't make them like they used to. A friend's house burned down and the cause was a timer unit frying in a bathroom fan, I've just been shopping for one and lots of reviews of the top brands state complete failure within a year or so or burning. I settled with a Manrose but my minor gripe is that it has loose flaps...maybe that's more to do with my 4 inches
I have a Greenwood Airvac centrifugal fan in the en suite that has been going since the house was built 23 years ago (although it is a bit noisy )
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-20, 12:35 PM   #8964
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Treated myself to a new Gopro a couple of months back. Used it once then put it down somewhere and haven't been able to find it again since. I've turned the whole house over several times now.

Does anyone know where I put it?

Also consider this a smile of the day as I'm lucky to have such minor gripes at the moment. More of an annoyance really.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-20, 12:43 PM   #8965
maviczap
Mega Poster

Its probably tried to commit hari kari like mine

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-20, 03:12 PM   #8966
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Treated myself to a new Gopro a couple of months back. Used it once then put it down somewhere and haven't been able to find it again since. I've turned the whole house over several times now.

Also consider this a smile of the day as I'm lucky to have such minor gripes at the moment. More of an annoyance really.
it is exactly where you left it . . . . possibly

Check your safe places and see if it is there. Or in a cubby hole or a box you've put to one side.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-20, 08:17 PM   #8967
embee
Mega Poster

Stuff is always in the last place you look, so look there first.

I put my birth certificate in a "safe" place a couple of years ago, so safe I couldn't remember where it was. A few weeks ago I was going through some drawers and found a plastic bag with some letters etc in it, and yep, there was the birth cert. I have now put it in a proper safe place.
Old 24-12-20, 10:30 PM   #8968
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Stuff is always in the last place you look, so look there first.

I put my birth certificate in a "safe" place a couple of years ago, so safe I couldn't remember where it was. A few weeks ago I was going through some drawers and found a plastic bag with some letters etc in it, and yep, there was the birth cert. I have now put it in a proper safe place.

But do you know where the new safe place is?!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-20, 12:42 AM   #8969
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post

Where did you last have it ?
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-20, 08:25 PM   #8970
redtrummy

If I lose something and locating it is not urgent I have finally trained myself not to do more than a cursory look. The lost item/s invariably turn up when looking for something else. Long tyre lever and round file on the wanted list at the moment. oh it would be nice to be organised.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote