SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-12-20, 08:34 PM   #8971
Kenzie

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

When looking for something my wife always says "what were you doing last time you had it" rather than when did you have it last. It usually jogs my memory. My desk is so cluttered that I couldn't see the thing I was looking for next to my hand.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-20, 08:34 PM   #8972
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
If I lose something and locating it is not urgent I have finally trained myself not to do more than a cursory look. The lost item/s invariably turn up when looking for something else. Long tyre lever and round file on the wanted list at the moment. oh it would be nice to be organised.

If its not urgent I just forget about it and it normally comes to mind in the middle of the night, its a most as if the harder you think about it the less likely you are to remember it, so just queue it up with all the other stuff and your mind will spit it out when its ready to..

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-20, 08:42 PM   #8973
Bibio
Mega Poster

problem with me is if i cant find anything i just buy another so end up with lots of the same things like bolts. things go from here to the lockup so when i start a new project i just end up buying things i already have in the lockup but ICBA going down to the lockup to find them. there must be effin tons of stuff down there that i just keep throwing in.

i did clear my attic out though which is nice but guess where the stuff from the attic went

last time i was down at the lockup i could not get in as a big pile of stuff fell over. i'll deal with it in the summer... maybe.. lol
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-20, 05:06 PM   #8974
gadget

Gripe ... my cat wanting to come in and then 30 seconds later wanting to go out! This happens several hundred times a day during winter!
Bought an electronic cat flap a while back, begrudgingly had to cut a solid mahogany back door, fitted the flap and ... she won't use it , terrified of it. She's an old lady now (eighteen) so I thought she might appreciate not having to jump up n through the windows but Nooooo! Wish I hadn't bothered now, ruined a perfectly good door. Haha... pets!!

Last edited by gadget; 28-12-20 at 05:08 PM.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-20, 06:47 PM   #8975
Bibio
Mega Poster

an 18 year old can deserves all the attention. think of it this way.. the cat still has its marbles and wants to go in/out all the time as it probably has a weak bladder just like old people do.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-20, 08:38 PM   #8976
Bri w

Being adopted by a cat. We moved in to a new build 3 weeks ago. In the last week we've had a very friendly cat come around on and off all day. Its coat is in good condition but its very thick for a house cat over here. Gut instinct is its either lost, been left when someone moves - common over here - or is living 'in' 3 houses along our road.

The gripe is the moral dilemma. We're feeding it twice a day but, apart from coming into the kitchen when I'm sorting its food, we're not letting it into the house. Do we leave it as a roamer or do we let it adopt us permanently?

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-20, 09:48 PM   #8977
Grant66

It's less likely to **** in your garden if it lives with you.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-20, 01:02 PM   #8978
gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
an 18 year old can deserves all the attention. think of it this way.. the cat still has its marbles and wants to go in/out all the time as it probably has a weak bladder just like old people do.
Yeah, she's the best. Despite the 'gripe' I wouldn't have her any other way tbh. She's a Russian blue cross Maine coon so very fluffy n very grey! And ... Still rules the roost as far as the dogs go! Hahaha.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-20, 05:40 PM   #8979
DJ123
Mega Poster

Cyclists. in 2 ways:

1: People who hang a bike off the back of their car (tow bar mounted or otherwise) who don't bother buying either a numberplate & light board, or even just the numberplate if it has lights already. You only have the cheapest/easiest items to buy and fit - there's no excuse!

2: Cyclists who ride without any lights &/or reflective gear on during the winter and the dark dingy days (especially the early mornings & late afternoon). And then proceed to wear all black.

And all of the above cyclists are mostly bikes which are 4 figures and upwards in terms of value (Carbon framed & bolt on goodies). So its not as if it is an extra expense they're going to notice!

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-20, 05:44 PM   #8980
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Cyclists. in 2 ways:

1: People who hang a bike off the back of their car (tow bar mounted or otherwise) who don't bother buying either a numberplate & light board, or even just the numberplate if it has lights already. You only have the cheapest/easiest items to buy and fit - there's no excuse!

2: Cyclists who ride without any lights &/or reflective gear on during the winter and the dark dingy days (especially the early mornings & late afternoon). And then proceed to wear all black.

And all of the above cyclists are mostly bikes which are 4 figures and upwards in terms of value (Carbon framed & bolt on goodies). So its not as if it is an extra expense they're going to notice!
And cycle in the road even though there's an adjacent cycle lane. (Speaking as a cyclist)

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk