SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-05-07, 03:03 PM   #81
clanger

Default Re: What ever happened to ‘building up’?

I did all my falling off and silly mistakes on my 50cc, c90, 125, then 400cc and hopefully now I've gradually got there to bigger bikes, I hope to keep rubber side down.

Oh and the smaller bikes WERE fun, where's your sense of adventure...why is all about speed? No wonder the statistics regarding bike accidents are sky high as to how they were years back.
Old 29-05-07, 05:04 PM   #82
Draper

yeah blue i wasnt making a sob story, I have pretty good parents and cant be distgruntled in my life so far

but money is a big factor for people, i wasnt out getting paper rounds cos in my opinion it is a waste of time. I studied hard and got all A* and As GSCE and intend to get AAB in my uncoming A levels to secure my chosen career. My job is teaching drums which has brought in a fair bitof money over the past few months, its pretty mentally tiring, and i dont wanna have a little 125 to show for it (and it has also kept options open for if i dont get the grades)

sounded pretty annoied man, evidently you worked for your bikes, and thats fair play, everyones different tho, and thats not a bad thing right

Last edited by Draper; 29-05-07 at 05:06 PM.
Old 29-05-07, 06:07 PM   #83
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Arrrgh We ad it tough baaaah gum.
Luxury

Youngsters nowadays don't know they born Baaaaaaargh Guuuum.

Old 29-05-07, 06:18 PM   #84
Pedrosa

Mr.Biker Bogless....With your first moto with hand gears,foot clutch, advance and retard on handlebars...how did you ever able to roll your cigarros?
Old 29-05-07, 06:45 PM   #85
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Used to keep spare rollies in cloth cap.
Gears?Bloody luxury.
Old 29-05-07, 06:47 PM   #86
Pedrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Used to keep spare rollies in cloth cap.
Gears?Bloody luxury.
Ah Mr.Boggless....you much lot smarter than your shoe size be suggesting.
Old 29-05-07, 06:58 PM   #87
Draper

haha crazy guys!
Old 29-05-07, 07:42 PM   #88
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
yeah blue i wasnt making a sob story, I have pretty good parents and cant be distgruntled in my life so far

but money is a big factor for people, i wasnt out getting paper rounds cos in my opinion it is a waste of time. I studied hard and got all A* and As GSCE and intend to get AAB in my uncoming A levels to secure my chosen career. My job is teaching drums which has brought in a fair bitof money over the past few months, its pretty mentally tiring, and i dont wanna have a little 125 to show for it (and it has also kept options open for if i dont get the grades)

sounded pretty annoied man, evidently you worked for your bikes, and thats fair play, everyones different tho, and thats not a bad thing right
I wasn't annoyed, but I do find it frustrating when people expect to be given stuff instead of getting off their bums and making it happen for themselves if they want it …

What does annoy me is when I see the scooter boys on their 6month old £many scooters that are right tips where they just haven’t cared for them .. I can only presume they were bought their bikes - coz where I saved for years for mine, I treasured my little TS50X like it was the only thing on this earth!! …

Oh and the whole point is at 16/17 you have your whole life ahead of you to enjoy bikes, why jump in deep to start with?? You are only cheating yourself of all that salivating time

Oh and paying your own way in life from an early age isn’t a ‘waste of time’ my old mate

Anyway as it happens my paper rounds were in the am (before I went to school) so it didn't really eat into any ‘study time’ … I just got out of bed and did my paper round rarther than sit on my behind watching telly in the AM

It’s not like I studied much anyway I am one of those annoying people who did well without having to (and I am even talking about when I did my degree )!! Oh and what the feck is an A*??? … an A was the highest grade when I did my GCSEs … where did A*s come from?!!?

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 29-05-07 at 07:52 PM.
Old 29-05-07, 08:50 PM   #89
kwak zzr

ahhh the TS50x them was the days 30mph flat out downhill, i had ago of my mates TS125 in 1987 it was brand new on an F reg, remember thinking how powerfull it was and how i was afraid of the clutch slipping out of my fingers
Old 29-05-07, 09:09 PM   #90
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
ahhh the TS50x them was the days 30mph flat out downhill, i had ago of my mates TS125 in 1987 it was brand new on an F reg, remember thinking how powerfull it was and how i was afraid of the clutch slipping out of my fingers
Mine had a 65cc big-bore kit ... it was good for 55mph by itself, 65mph with a tow from a lorry*

*This is before they were all governed to 56??mph

Ahhhh the sweeeet sounds of a TS50X with a 'pipe'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMwhfnwYODM

Mine was the yellow and blue BTW!! ... I loved that little bike!!