SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-08-10, 03:34 PM   #81
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your thoughts for AR11

wouldnt it just! I'd love to see Mr Johnsons face when 100+ bikes all start up and get ready to go, lol.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 03:35 PM   #82
CoolGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
I don't see why a Soho Massive AR isn't possible - ok camping in Soho Square might be bit of a problem
I thought 'camping' in Soho Square was de rigeur!

But I digress. I'm afraid I'd be a bit rubbish at organising an AR, certainly the route. But in my limited experience, it does require someone to take charge and organise the thing, wherever it is. I'd say that was far more important than location, and the basic requirements of pub, food (esp breakfast) and good showers etc are clear.

Needs someone who can be decisive, even handed and put a lid on any disagreements that blow up. Remeber, a good potential venue was once lost through bickerage.
Old 14-08-10, 03:52 PM   #83
petevtwin650

Quote:
I don't see why a Soho Massive AR isn't possible - ok camping in Soho Square might be bit of a problem - but there must be campsites on the outskirts of London & there are plenty of nice roads around the Home Counties
There may be plenty of nice roads SV, but there is also lots and lots of traffic and plenty of speed cameras. Having ridden down to Boxhill and Kent recently, I spent most of that time stuck in traffic. Very frustrating after riding up here in the Midlands. Even in Wales where the traffic density must have been less and there were loads of overtaking opportunities, the markers struggled to make their way back to the front.

Also, why don't all the people who fancy a Scottish AR, do the GM? It's well organised, has breath-taking scenery and is very friendly.
Old 14-08-10, 04:03 PM   #84
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
There may be plenty of nice roads SV, but there is also lots and lots of traffic and plenty of speed cameras. Having ridden down to Boxhill and Kent recently, I spent most of that time stuck in traffic. Very frustrating after riding up here in the Midlands. Even in Wales where the traffic density must have been less and there were loads of overtaking opportunities, the markers struggled to make their way back to the front.

Also, why don't all the people who fancy a Scottish AR, do the GM? It's well organised, has breath-taking scenery and is very friendly.
That's up to whoever organises the route - I managed to find a route that had no fixed cameras & minimum traffic - it can be done it just takes a bit of effort. As for scamera vans - well we came across one of those this year didn't we? It's a fact of life I'm afraid that good riding roads attract them.
Old 14-08-10, 04:56 PM   #85
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
It's a fact of life I'm afraid that good riding roads attract them.
Maybe near France or wherever you're riding
Old 14-08-10, 05:04 PM   #86
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
That's sounds like a very sensible idea.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 05:08 PM   #87
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirl View Post
But in my limited experience, it does require someone to take charge and organise the thing, wherever it is. I'd say that was far more important than location
Bingo. This is the crux of the matter, we can go on all day about where we'd like to go. The question is where is it possible for us to go. Prime requirement is for somebody to put their c*ck on the block and organise things. If nobody is willing to do that, then the whole idea is a non starter IMHO.

Peronsally I'm not so sure going to tourist traps, heavily populated areas with a group the size we were this year is going to work well.

Like I said, I'm not fussed where, I am not fussed when. I'm just happy to go where somebody is wiling to organise the weekend.

I do have concerns over the sheer size of the group we are on the road now. But thats a subject for another thread.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-10, 05:13 PM   #88
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

No point even discussing group sizes as there's no fix for it except splitting it up which is not going to work. Even if that does result in a bit of a procession.
Old 14-08-10, 06:12 PM   #89
davepreston

me and irksy are putting together a package for you lot to look over , obviously it will take us a while to source things so stay tuned wnd when we have all the info we will see if you lot fancy it
Old 14-08-10, 06:25 PM   #90
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Woo Hoo! Music to my Essex ears Davy
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote