SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 15-06-11, 11:13 AM   #81
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: GM IV Idle banter and turn me on thread

i'm bringing my with me

how else can i look people in the eye when i'm talking to them

i'm looking forward to the banter and drunkenness of it all. this is 1 of 2 chill times for me and that's all i will get this year.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-11, 11:31 AM   #82
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm going to stick my booty tuppenceworth in.

the organiser has made a decision on the accommodation and route. at the end of the day its their decision weather anyone likes it or not. if you don't like said decision then you don't have to do what they have organised. like me for instance i will be doing half the route then going onwards. its my decision and no one else's it's a personal thing but its my personal thing and nothing to do with the organiser. same would be said about the accommodation if you don't like it then find an alternative. i'm mainly going for the banter and drunkenness as i can ride the roads around that area any damned time i choose (sorta).
Old 15-06-11, 11:46 AM   #83
Kilted Ginger

Folks, this is the GM, The scottish AR. Friendly and easy going. Please try to remember that.
The written word can be taken in different ways by different folks and the writers intent can sometimes be lost entirely.
Can i ask EVERYONE to please relax, think about how you are saying what you are trying to say and take what anyone else writes in the best possible way rather than negatively.

Peoples comments about, i mat not come or, well dont bother then, or i dont fancy that bit road, i'm not gonna do that bit etc are frankly not helpful. No one is obliged to do anything they dont want to, I seem to recall a yorkshireman a couple of years back coming up purely for the banter, didnt do any riding, and still enjoyed himself.
This is an org social event that folk have taken time to organise, no matter how hard they try they are never going to please everyone.
So please lets try to forgive and forget and comments or negativity, real, implied or misconstrued and move on to what i'm sure will be an excellent weekend
Old 15-06-11, 01:48 PM   #84
stuartyboy

The campsite owners can read these posts. The owners of the restaurant (friends of mine) are reading the forum too. The pub owners are also aware there are a large group of bikers coming to the area.

When the booking was first made they were told to go on to the site and follow the lead up to the GM. They've also looked at the polls for the food breakfast etc.

This is a small beautiful village and people are excited about us coming up to boost tourism and provide a great show of all the bikes thundering through the village. This is a big news that is being followed so any negative posts will be noted.

The organisers, Grant, Dean (who I thank HUGELY) have given considerable time, their own money and taken days off when they didn't need to, to make this a great event so support is what's needed.
Old 15-06-11, 01:56 PM   #85
Sally

Sorry lad.

Cheers to you boys for doing the organising, will catch you guys all up for a pint when we get there!
Old 15-06-11, 02:06 PM   #86
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy View Post
The campsite owners can read these posts. The owners of the restaurant (friends of mine) are reading the forum too. The pub owners are also aware there are a large group of bikers coming to the area.
How dare they this site is for SV owners. Or ex SV owners. Or people who possibly maybe thought about having a test ride on an SV. Or for those who saw an SV in the street that one time......ok pretty much anyone then
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-11, 02:13 PM   #87
Bibio
Mega Poster

Killin is well used to rowdy bikers. my bro and his reprobates used to go there all the time and they are 100 times worse than what we are
Old 15-06-11, 02:35 PM   #88
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy View Post
The campsite owners can read these posts. The owners of the restaurant (friends of mine) are reading the forum too.

The organisers, Grant, Dean (who I thank HUGELY)
They're your friends and they let you visit with us?

Which also means the the local boys in blue can see this. So folks lets stay safe and sensible out there on the roads. Please not too much drinking if you're riding the next day...

I don't want thanks. I WANT PAYMENT!!! but lets be honest I'm hardly organising this I'm just following dirrections and gave opinions, you should see the route I have planned though its a belter, shh stuart doesn't know yet!!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Aberfoyle,+Stirling,+Uni ted+Kingdom&daddr=Brig+o'+turk+to:Aberfoyle,+Stirl ing,+United+Kingdom&geocode=Fd0xWQMdIjS9_ynvPLeQcP eISDENF_VVofMqVA%3BFRf_WQMdLXG9_ymRHVanwPCISDHJAV-NVBb0oQ%3BFd0xWQMdIjS9_ynvPLeQcPeISDENF_VVofMqVA&h l=en&mra=ls&sll=56.20485,-4.38789&sspn=0.091854,0.22007&ie=UTF8&z=12

All we do is go from one end to the other turn round and do it again till our fuel lights come on... its not difficult to remember, cause if it was I'd be in trouble.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )

Last edited by carelesschucca; 15-06-11 at 02:36 PM.
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-11, 03:44 PM   #89
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Just so's you can play with your lap timer, CC ?
Old 15-06-11, 07:36 PM   #90
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Hi there.

A gentle

By my reckoning the majority of you still have to indicate a preference in the polls for food.

"Polls are now up for Friday night food and Saturday morning butties."

The Polls will close on Friday so that we can contact the owners of the establishments with an idea of numbers.

Thanks for listening

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote