SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 16-03-06, 07:06 PM   #81
Peter Henry

Kwak,

A conversation I was having with my son earlier involved the possibility of Sete changing his normal game plan? As you know he likes to charge to the front and try to win that way. But surely it must be easier stalking someone like Rossi does?

Has Sete got the cojones to play with Valentino's head a little bit and to trail him with a view to making that last corner attack?

Old 16-03-06, 07:13 PM   #82
rigor

Problem with that plan of attack is that you have to have the absolute confidence that you can pass the guy ahead in the last corner, or pass him and leave him behind. This seemed to be what Rossi had in spades last year, he seemed to know exactly how much faster he was than the guy ahead and whether it needed to be a last corner dive, or couple of laps out and disappear.

However, confidence is a funny thing, it can vanish and reappear in the blink of an eye. Which is why racing is so much fun

Old 16-03-06, 07:24 PM   #83
kwak zzr

i dont think sete's up to that job rossi likes playing with the minds of others.
which brings me to the back page of this weeks MCN rossi is saying that they are in big trouble with chatter problems, are the camel yamaha team playing with the other teams and playing a bluff? rossi is known for it.

Old 16-03-06, 11:27 PM   #84
Peter Henry

kwak...Rossi is already playing it on the Honda front. He has heaped loads of pressure onto Nicky Hayden by simply answering this question..."Who is your biggest challenger?" Valentino cited Melandri! Now that must have come like a kick to the wotsits of Hayden,after all he is the lead rider on the works Honda! He also knows that HRC are waiting for him to deliver big time,or frankly he will be off to ride a Fireblade with Barros next season! (And that aint a good career move...just ask Jelster! :P )

How will Nicky react to that?
To further comment on race game plan,I really do think you are in a mucher stronger position if you are a close second in the final stages of a race. You can gauge what your options of a pass may be. The poor guy in front is always left guessing when and where the attack will come.

If Sete can add that to his armoury the Ducati's really will be challenging this season.

Old 17-03-06, 02:54 PM   #85
kwak zzr

wish i could be in valencia with ya arr kid next weekend. ive got my tv!
back to barros, hes going to be winning races this year on that blade,hes quick and up for a fight! to be honest he deserves some podiums now hes been in it so long without many rewards.

Old 17-03-06, 03:10 PM   #86
Peter Henry

*pssst* Kwak....It's at Jerez mate. Valencia is the last one of the season. :P

Old 17-03-06, 06:38 PM   #87
The Basket

Rossi in trouble? Nah...only for the cameras.

Honda in trouble...I wonder if they have gone 2007 800cc already and washed thier hands of the 06 season. No point building new if it's in a museum next year.

Ducati strong...I am a bit miffed if WSB allow bigger V-twins...It looks like Bayliss is doing ok with the litre...

IMHO...WSB should be a 1000cc run wot ya brung class and if the 4's are faster than the twins, then Ducati will have to do a V4 like in MotoGP. Shouldn't change to suit a particular maker.

Old 17-03-06, 07:07 PM   #88
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
*pssst* Kwak....It's at Jerez mate. Valencia is the last one of the season. :P
well i knew it was spain somewhere.

Old 17-03-06, 10:12 PM   #89
Peter Henry

Basket...I think you need to take a look at the machines that are represented in WSB now! Err like R1,Gsx1000.ZX10,Fireblade and 999 all among the main runners. Do you see a common thread anywhere? oops yes they are all 1000cc motors!

The days when a different engine configuration,(e.g. V Twin) was allowed to have a larger engine capacity are over. This rule when in place was not soley to assist Ducati but any manufacturer that wished to run a V twin motor. You do remember Colin Edward's exploits on the Honda don't you?

Plus dont you go forgetting now who are presently the champs? Yes Suzuki! :P

Old 17-03-06, 10:21 PM   #90
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Ducati are asking for the limit to be raised to 1200 for twins in WSB.This is because they are having to spend vast amounts to get the power out of their motor compared to the fours and is the same reasoning that used to prevail when the fours were only 750s.Are they currently allowed to tune the twins more than the fours,hence the high cost?