SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

View Poll Results: Who fancies a new group ?
N Wales / Cheshire only 4 10.53%
N Wales / Cheshire / Staffs / Shropshire / Merseyside 30 78.95%
Keep things as they are 1 2.63%
Dont care either way 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-07, 12:36 PM   #81
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: New group- N Wales/Cheshire +

Can't do next weekend. What about a weekday evening meet? Anyone think that is do-able? No where is really more than a couple of hours ride for anyone. I would prefer an evening meet in the week and perhaps organise rides at these for the following weekend (also advertised on the forum)?

I'm with Stewie about making a meet in the Staffs area - not Bassett's Pole though (probably too far south anyway), that's MIGS territory! Any ideas for a venue Quiff?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Old 27-07-07, 12:44 PM   #82
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Can't do next weekend. What about a weekday evening meet? Anyone think that is do-able? No where is really more than a couple of hours ride for anyone. I would prefer an evening meet in the week and perhaps organise rides at these for the following weekend (also advertised on the forum)?

I'm with Stewie about making a meet in the Staffs area - not Bassett's Pole though (probably too far south anyway), that's MIGS territory! Any ideas for a venue Quiff?
Sorry I cant make next weekend either, its right in the middle of me shift pattern, in fact I am now entering my weekend working phase for the next 4 weeks, midweek might be do,able at some point, also agree with luckypants about weekday night meets and weekend runs

Old 27-07-07, 12:46 PM   #83
stewie

Also so far 31 people have put a tick for a new area and yet theres only a few of us actually talking about it so come on get involved guys and lets make this a goer

Old 27-07-07, 12:46 PM   #84
Pedro68

How about The Tap in Bromborough (Eastham)?
I've heard that a lot of other bikers meet up there.

There's also a group of bikers called the Rocket Motorcycle Club who meet up at The Turnpike Tavern in Liverpool once a month, in case anyone fancied hijacking their meeting (in the nicest possible way of course ).
Don't think there's many of them so perhaps they'd be grateful for the company

Pete

Old 27-07-07, 12:46 PM   #85
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
Why the bulge to the east, what's special about Tamworth that your terratorial claim goes deep into the midlands?
The area covers staffordshire, Tamworth is in staffordshire. Nothing more to it.

Mid-week suits me fine too, someone else's turn to volunteer a day (friday?).

I'll be in Denbigh until 5:30, then meet, then ride home. Easy peasy.

Old 27-07-07, 12:49 PM   #86
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Also so far 31 people have put a tick for a new area and yet theres only a few of us actually talking about it so come on get involved guys and lets make this a goer
We have to remember that no everyone has internet access mid-day.

I personally don't see it a problem setting up meeting points to suit those that can attend, and then possibly growing from there.

If we get a section on the site, great, but if not it won't put me off turning up to meets. I probably won't be able to make them all because of family stuff etc, but I'd guess somewhere around 80% of them would be doable.

EDIT: I vote we keep conversations about the area to this thread, that way, the mods might see how useful a section could be (how many posts etc would be made). If a new thread needs starting for clairty, then fine, start it though.

Old 27-07-07, 12:50 PM   #87
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
How about The Tap in Bromborough (Eastham)?
I've heard that a lot of other bikers meet up there.

There's also a group of bikers called the Rocket Motorcycle Club who meet up at The Turnpike Tavern in Liverpool once a month, in case anyone fancied hijacking their meeting (in the nicest possible way of course ).
Don't think there's many of them so perhaps they'd be grateful for the company

Pete
Maybe someone from each of the 5 counties could propose a regular meet, or we could make it pretty fluid, thing is once we get a place to actually stick some posts up we would get even more interest I think

Old 27-07-07, 12:52 PM   #88
Pedro68

Can't make next weekend either - got the kids

I'm up for an evening meet though ... providing I don't have to ride too far ... I'm already doing the Liverpool > Macclesfield > Liverpool commute every day :P (although admittedly not always on the bike )

Pete

Old 27-07-07, 12:53 PM   #89
Luckypants
Mega Poster

For mid-week I'd like to propose a Wednesday. Simply because sod all else happens on Wednesdays! I think these should be literally meets, i.e. all arrive, have a chin wag, admire bikes, swap stories (lies) and be generally bikerish, maybe a drink and food, then off home when it suits. Section ride-outs for weekends can be arranged via the forum and discussed at the meets also.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Old 27-07-07, 12:53 PM   #90
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Maybe someone from each of the 5 counties could propose a regular meet, or we could make it pretty fluid, thing is once we get a place to actually stick some posts up we would get even more interest I think
You know that North Wales is actually a number of counties in it's own right, right?

I'd say to keep it pretty viscous. That way, we know what we're doing, but if there's someone from further afield that wants to join in (and is in the area proposed), then a meet could be put near them too.

Variety... spice... yadda yadda... life.

EDIT: Wednesday's work for me. Or rather, I see no reason for them not to work.

Last edited by Baph; 27-07-07 at 12:55 PM.

Closed Thread