SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-03-07, 11:25 PM   #81
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Re: First trackday of 2007-Brands Hatch Indy Saturday 3rd March

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Wish me luck peeps. Raining now and meant to be raining tomorrow. Great. Haven't got a great history in rain and like luke said " I'm ****" except I'm probably one hell of a lot ****er! At least it'll be a nice cold, wet ride down there. Thermals methinks.

I'm off to bed. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!

[INSERT HERE THE PRAYING SMILEY-NOT WORKING. Is that a sign?]

Don't stress! It's supposed to stop raining in the next hour or 2 and the morning is supposed to be dry! Well, that's what BBCi say anyway so who knows. See you tomorrow

Luke
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 10:15 AM   #82
Blue_SV650S

Well it is a lovely day where I am ... hopefully you boys are having fun out there in the sun

I expect a full report this evening
Old 03-03-07, 06:36 PM   #83
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Just got in - f*** me, I am exhausted! Pretty good day. All kept it shiny side up. Got there at 7:00 to get a garage and was the only one there! Weather had been showers/spitting the whole way there, though by the briefing it had stopped, the track was still pretty damp.

1st session/sighting laps absolutely sucked. Probably because I didn't know the track + we were the first out so there was no drying line yet, but the bike felt like it was going to disappear from under me - especially around paddock hill bend. Considered sitting out the next session until it had dried a bit, but was glad I didn't. Every session got drier and by the one before lunch - it was sunny! Probably my best session of the day as well.
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30

Last edited by lukemillar; 03-03-07 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-03-07, 06:54 PM   #84
weazelz

an excellent day, the weather came good, damp track first session, mostly dry line second session, fully dry thereafter I didn't crash, which is becoming something of a habit, clearly need to be braver/stupider. luke timed me on a 1:01 lap in the 3rd session, I was faster in the 4th, so I'm going to claim a 1:00

good to see luke again, didn't get a chance to speak to teriakimonkey

was chatting to a couple of guys in the adjacent garage ( 18 ) who were going to be doing the gixxer cup. one of them (sorry mate, forgot your name) had just bought an SV so I directed him to here. say hello if you read this

roll on rockingham

~andy

Last edited by weazelz; 03-03-07 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-03-07, 09:09 PM   #85
Blue_SV650S

Right, I better book onto Rockingham tomorrow then

If you were doing 60s laps under trackday conditions, then you would be able to tag onto the back of the clubman minitwins pack 4 sure:-

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=373566

You would however need to drop a few more secs to tag onto the back of a Dyna-Pro minitwin pack ...

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=373570

a 51.673 is very impressive on a minitwin!!

Wetted ya whistle??? Come on - get out there in Clubman minitwins!!
Old 03-03-07, 09:49 PM   #86
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Right, I better book onto Rockingham tomorrow then
you still haven't booked?!?

Quote:
If you were doing 60s laps under trackday conditions, then you would be able to tag onto the back of the clubman minitwins pack 4 sure:-

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=373566

You would however need to drop a few more secs to tag onto the back of a Dyna-Pro minitwin pack ...

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=373570

a 51.673 is very impressive on a minitwin!!
but surely a piece of cake now that you have your ohlins?

Quote:
Wetted ya whistle??? Come on - get out there in Clubman minitwins!!
hmmm
Old 03-03-07, 10:11 PM   #87
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
you still haven't booked?!?

but surely a piece of cake now that you have your ohlins?

hmmm
LoL, I did say from the off that I was only going to book on this week

I laugh at your 51s and foresee 47s ....

Where do you see you could make more time on your next visit??

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 03-03-07 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-03-07, 01:26 AM   #88
monkey

Not long woken up after getting in. Excellent day. Miserable start and only had one hour sleep last night due to nerves. I am a wimp.

I done all of the sessions and apart from a slight detour over the grass due to someone cutting me up and finishing midway through the last session (I survived!) I done all the other sessions. I was as slow as slow can be but gradually improved. I measured my chicken strips disappearing on my new tyres (bit twitchy) and even got my toe down on the last session! Tyres got all bobbly too. I got to love paddock and druids-especially druids as I could feel it coming together there. Who'd have thought that one day I couldn't do right handers? I liked the lightness at the back of the bike from braking for paddock. Silly thing, but I found braking hard for Graham Hill bend hard after a few sessions. I got an instructor out with me who put me straight on my terrible braking and who also got a complete moron moved up to intermediate from our group. He must've cut me up 6 or 7 times and the other people I was with had seen him being a fool too.

All in all it was a good day. The R1 with us spat out half of it's oil at the very end of a session as he was coming into the pit lane. That's what I call lucky. The people there were excellent. Friendly and very helpful. I got some advise about weighting the outside peg and it made a huge difference. I found the whole experience better organised and safer than Cadwell Park. I'm afraid I succumbed to getting the 30 quid photo CD although they definitely didn't get my best moments . I'll find a good one and put it on tinterweb.

There was a downer put on it though. On the way back one of our gang who'd just passed his test and came up with us to watch came off. I pooped my pants when I came round the corner and saw the bike on it's side smoking. Luckily he was ok but his bike is definitely a write-off. I think he froze and got the bike standing up on a very tight slip road off of the M25. He said it just wouldn't lean. The bike hit a barrier support and snapped it. It brought it all back down to Earth with a hefty thump. His lid did a very good job. Poor fella.

Was nice to meet Luke. I'd have talked more if I could've found his garage! I did see him on track in a blurry, getting overtaken fashion. Didn't realise there was another from here there.

I'm definitely up for another. Mates want to do Silverstone GP although I think it'll be too fast for me. Any thoughts?

P.S. Why do I look like and feel like I have windburn? I ache.

Old 04-03-07, 03:36 AM   #89
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytfg View Post
tripple post even
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytfg View Post
oops doubel post
He he he.

Old 04-03-07, 07:59 AM   #90
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
.... who also got a complete moron moved up to intermediate from our group. He must've cut me up 6 or 7 times and the other people I was with had seen him being a fool too.

This guy was sharing the other half of our garage. I noticed him being a nob and funnily enough, when he got kick up to the inters, Weaselz noticed he was a nob too!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30