SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-03-08, 08:51 AM   #81
Lozzo

Default Re: What to do tonight ... need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
- What happens if all the 20 yo women have same attitude as you? You'll be the old crinkly by then...............
At 44 I started seeing a very cute 20 yr old. She didn't have a problem with it, nor did I. Everyone else did though.
Old 12-03-08, 09:14 AM   #82
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Women and bikes are much the same. When you first buy one it has to be new and you ride it at every opportunity. You wash and polish it every day and make sure that whatever it needs it gets. Now after a while some riders lose interest and start to look at the latest model, it has all the same components, only rearranged and tweaked a bit. They start to ignore their old bike, the chain gets rusty, the brakes seize and sure enough one day it lets them down. They use this as the excuse to trade it in and buy another one and the poor old model get negleted further because nobody wants it, or those that do only because they can't afford a newer one. If they are lucky they get looked after and after a few more years they become a classic, and suddenly they become much more sought after and everybody admires them again. If they are unlucky they rot away and never get bought out the shed.

Personally I've still got my first bike, it still gets regularly ridden and cleaned, although I have to admit the performance is not what I remember, but then neither is mine. I wouldn't sell her for the earth, we've been through to much together, and each time I ride her we can still discover new roads.

Unfortunately at this point my theory fails, because I've got a garage full of bikes......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 09:19 AM   #83
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Women and bikes are much the same. When you first buy one it has to be new and you ride it at every opportunity. You wash and polish it every day and make sure that whatever it needs it gets. Now after a while some riders lose interest and start to look at the latest model, it has all the same components, only rearranged and tweaked a bit. They start to ignore their old bike, the chain gets rusty, the brakes seize and sure enough one day it lets them down. They use this as the excuse to trade it in and buy another one and the poor old model get negleted further because nobody wants it, or those that do only because they can't afford a newer one. If they are lucky they get looked after and after a few more years they become a classic, and suddenly they become much more sought after and everybody admires them again. If they are unlucky they rot away and never get bought out the shed.

Personally I've still got my first bike, it still gets regularly ridden and cleaned, although I have to admit the performance is not what I remember, but then neither is mine. I wouldn't sell her for the earth, we've been through to much together, and each time I ride her we can still discover new roads.

Unfortunately at this point my theory fails, because I've got a garage full of bikes......

That bears similarities to this thread http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...torbikes+women
Old 12-03-08, 09:36 AM   #84
Red Herring
Mega Poster

So right, well it just goes to prove nothing really changes....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote