SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-01-21, 01:12 PM   #9061
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
One of my support bubble lives in Wales, so i can be over there with a valid/legal reason . . . .
That's interesting DJ as I've been wondering about this. My girls are both spending most of their time with me at the moment, but their mother lives in Shrewsbury. I was unsure about the movement between the two households given I'm in Wales and Shrewsbury is (allegedly) in Wales.

(Yes,yes, we all know Amwythig belongs to Cymru really but we'll let that pass for now).

I was never entirely clear on the situation regarding crossing the border even though we are joined households on account of my girls.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 01:58 PM   #9062
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
My grumpy old man gripe today is dog crap. Some one let her dog **** on my drive the other day and I happened to spot it out the window, I made her come back and clean it up (she had to use her mask, she looked suitably embarrassed rather than angry) however low and behold a poop in the same spot today... I smell a revenge plop
That's just rude. The doggy bye-laws around here means you have to have to have two bags per dog (use plus a spare) and there really is no excuse. Letting your dog poop on someone's driveway is anti-social to say the least, although generally the dog cannot help it. I was caught without a bag the other morning, when Jemima was caught short and pooped on the pavement - I just went home, got bags and picked it up. I'd never leave it for someone else and have in fact picked up other people's dog mess. My dogs normally go off-piste in the woods, but I (nearly) always have bags - they are part of the 'walkies bum-bag' kit.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Last edited by Luckypants; 05-01-21 at 01:59 PM.
Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 02:02 PM   #9063
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
That's interesting DJ as I've been wondering about this. My girls are both spending most of their time with me at the moment, but their mother lives in Shrewsbury. I was unsure about the movement between the two households given I'm in Wales and Shrewsbury is (allegedly) in Wales.

(Yes,yes, we all know Amwythig belongs to Cymru really but we'll let that pass for now).

I was never entirely clear on the situation regarding crossing the border even though we are joined households on account of my girls.
The rules on the children of separated parents would cover this surely? Meaning that travel is allowed - at least until your children are 18?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 02:22 PM   #9064
Seeker
Mega Poster

This is where we have all been going wrong:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1782539.html

Dump the £6 Prosecco and imbibe the £170 Champers, how silly of us.
Old 05-01-21, 04:38 PM   #9065
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post

Yes, you can travel and move the Kids between households. Its covered under the exceptions for all regions (my kids live 400 miles away in Scotland - i've done a couple of trips).

The same for them even if they were older, if you and their Mother are in a support bubble you can move between households.

There is no limitation (as far as i am aware) on where your support bubble can be - i know many people who live hours away from their Family and are in a support bubble with them, as they live on their own with a small support bubble locally.

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 05-01-21 at 04:40 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 05:31 PM   #9066
Dave20046
Mega Poster

RE. The ongoing insurance palava, they've called me to say they won't pay my £400 a month car hire under my comprehensive policy but would have paid the £400 a day type hire credit agreement if arranged through them. The advisor wouldn't justify why. I started a breach of contract complaint claim and annoyingly it does actually say it in their policy documents, so that's a non-starter. A manager actually rang me back and to be fair to him was quite straight (and self/industry-incriminating) and admitted they get a kick back from their 'service' provider which is why they only use them and even said "I have these chats with appauled customers all the time because no one ever reads their policy booklet because, why would you, it's 40 pages long".
Great people. Anyway, claiming it from the third party insurer myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
That's just rude. The doggy bye-laws around here means you have to have to have two bags per dog (use plus a spare) and there really is no excuse. Letting your dog poop on someone's driveway is anti-social to say the least, although generally the dog cannot help it. I was caught without a bag the other morning, when Jemima was caught short and pooped on the pavement - I just went home, got bags and picked it up. I'd never leave it for someone else and have in fact picked up other people's dog mess. My dogs normally go off-piste in the woods, but I (nearly) always have bags - they are part of the 'walkies bum-bag' kit.
It did strike some instant rage, if she hadn't come back to clean it I probably would have been following them home and laying a mighty log on their doorstep. There are a lot of dogwalkers on the street and the majority are fine. The two in a row is new, so I imagine not a coincidence.

Last edited by Dave20046; 05-01-21 at 06:55 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 08:13 PM   #9067
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
The rules on the children of separated parents would cover this surely? Meaning that travel is allowed - at least until your children are 18?
Ah now that's the thing Mike. They are both 18 (twins).
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 06:30 PM   #9068
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Looks like I did 36mph in a 30mph zone at some point recently. I don't remember it at all. The kind people who've sent me the NIP do though. Damn. Will this be a fine / points?
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 07:12 PM   #9069
maviczap
Mega Poster

Maybe a Speed awareness course if you haven't had one before
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 07:13 PM   #9070
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Maybe a Speed awareness course if you haven't had one before

I haven't had one before. I've heard they are being done remotely at the moment. Ironically, via Zoom.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote