SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-06, 10:19 AM   #901
The Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
I am encouraged that you mentioned scooters mate!
Yes I can see why!!!

true though.

Old 28-07-06, 08:36 AM   #902
PeterM

HRC has stated that Pedrosa is their no.1 rider for support etc, much to Haydon's disgust. This is a huge motivator for him to beat Pedrosa and also to stick it to Honda.

Old 28-07-06, 01:38 PM   #903
Filipe M.

Quote:
As I have always said Stoner is fast but always going to be prone to binning it.
In the most pure Sete Gibernau style, then.

Anyway, PH is right about the sales, though. The only reason why 125 and 250cc bikes don't go to Laguna Seca is marketing. There simply isn't a market for small bikes in the USA, so the teams don't even bother.

About Pedrosa's score this year. Yes the kid is good. His saves both at the corkscrew and at donnington (where he almos took out Melandri) prove it, he knows how to handle the bike. And yes, he finished second in a completely new and hard circuit. But let's not forget this has been an atypical season, with all the main contenders (except for Hayden) having physical injuries after being involved in crashes. Had this been a normal year, things might not have been so easy for him. But then again, champions are also made of luck.

Old 28-07-06, 03:34 PM   #904
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M.
Quote:
As I have always said Stoner is fast but always going to be prone to binning it.
In the most pure Sete Gibernau style, then.

Anyway, PH is right about the sales, though. The only reason why 125 and 250cc bikes don't go to Laguna Seca is marketing. There simply isn't a market for small bikes in the USA, so the teams don't even bother.

About Pedrosa's score this year. Yes the kid is good. His saves both at the corkscrew and at donnington (where he almos took out Melandri) prove it, he knows how to handle the bike. And yes, he finished second in a completely new and hard circuit. But let's not forget this has been an atypical season, with all the main contenders (except for Hayden) having physical injuries after being involved in crashes. Had this been a normal year, things might not have been so easy for him. But then again, champions are also made of luck.
I agreed with everything appart from the last sentance. Rossi certainly didn't win last year though a simple run of good luck.

Old 28-07-06, 03:38 PM   #905
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
I agreed with everything appart from the last sentance. Rossi certainly didn't win last year though a simple run of good luck.
That's why I put the "also" in there!

Old 28-07-06, 03:39 PM   #906
Flamin_Squirrel

Old 28-07-06, 03:42 PM   #907
Filipe M.

Yay, this must be a first, FS agreed with an entire post!

Old 05-08-06, 07:50 PM   #908
SVeeedy Gonzales

Forget all your inside talk and tips and what the journos are saying about MotoGP.

I have the cold hard FACTS right here... MotoGP riders lined up against their opposite numbers in the Mr Men series.

5 Edwards = Mr Sneeze
6 Tamada = Mr Bump
7 Checa = Mr Snow
10 Roberts = Mr Silly
15 Gibernau = Mr Jelly
17 Depuniet = Mr Lazy
21 Hopkins = Mr Fussy
22 Silva = Mr Bounce
24 Elias = Mr Dizzy
26 Pedrosa = Mr Strong
27 Stoner = Mr Grumpy
30 Cardoso = Mr Rush
33 Melandri = Mr Nonsense
46 Rossi = Mr Good

It doesn't go any higher than 46

Number 3 (Think that was Biaggi) was Mr Happy

Old 05-08-06, 11:02 PM   #909
Peter Henry

Hope all you boys and girls gonna be watching Super Troy on his 999 at Brands tomorrow?

Old 06-08-06, 05:59 PM   #910
Peter Henry

I believe Superman was at Brands today?

Closed Thread