SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-11-08, 03:29 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default I just don't understand some people

I have a friend of a friend type of mate (U tube naked golfer). He lives about 30 miles away but on Monday he was up my neck of the woods, intended to have a drink and stay over at his/my mates place.

So we have our drink, get extremely bladdered. I leave about 2:30am and last night I ask my friend what time they got away. About 5:30. bloody taxi never turned up (I was there when they ordered it)

Ouch a heavy one. The only reason they left at that time was my mate looked around and his mate had disappeared, walked outside got in his car and driven the 30 miles home. What can I say idiot, fool, knob. Thank god, he apparently made it home without incident.

This mate of a mate is a nice chap, despite having been sectioned twice, getting tags and curfews etc. He does not deliberately set out to be stupid, but somehow it just happens. He has a drink and somehow goes completely off the rails. despite being the far side of 40 he has started knocking women up. 25 years of recreational sh***ing without incident and then 3 different pregnant woman inside of the last 12 months (we now call him the impregnator). His mother phones my mates family to try and grab him and get him back on side before the police are forced to, etc. Well this time my mate has had it with him.

He is good craic, the wife loves him. Witty, entertaining, a thoroughly nice chap, until something goes ping in his head and he reverts back to being the loon. Next time I see him, I will tell him what a knob he was. He will agree and apologise, yet somehow you just know the loon will strike again.

I don't want to get him in trouble, he has enough problems. But I cannot condone his driving home when he is bladdered to the point he could hardly stand (when I left he was led on the floor struggling to get up, after a shin kicking contest).

I know he will be back. Do I next time demand his keys before I will drink with him? Do I leave well alone, let him be my/his mates problem?

What does the org wisdom say I should do with the loon?

Edit non-worksafe link to the loon playing naked golf at my local after a heavy session

Last edited by timwilky; 27-11-08 at 06:16 PM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-08, 03:35 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: I just don't understand some people

Ask politely for his keys in some sort of jokey way. Has he got kids, maybe ask him what he would do if he ran one over.

If you let him go and something happened you would never forgive yourself. It's not your responsibility but if you ask you can only offend, which can be forgotten about. If summat happens on his journey home its solely on his head, you can only do so much, apart from physically take them off him.

Maybe a different taxi firm next time too
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-08, 03:36 PM   #3
Tara

Take his keys off him and show him the newspaper cuttings of that Goalkeeper who wiped out a family on the the motorway recently
Old 27-11-08, 03:40 PM   #4
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Take his keys off him and show him the newspaper cuttings of that Goalkeeper who wiped out a family on the the motorway recently
+1... I'm with Tara on that.
Old 27-11-08, 03:40 PM   #5

dont seem him again, I personally cant abide ppl like that, if the man nees help, try and get him it, but other than that, leave well alone as hard as that might be.

I left my marshal arts training because our "leader chappy" demanded a lot of respect in the Dojo, I then whitnessed him drinking 3 or 4 points and driving home....

all respect gone.
Old 27-11-08, 03:45 PM   #6
Dappa D

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
3 different pregnant woman inside of the last 12 months (we now call him the impregnator).

He is good craic, the wife loves him.
keep him away from the wife
Old 27-11-08, 04:22 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa D View Post
keep him away from the wife
Yes but the wife has been fettled in that department
Old 27-11-08, 06:01 PM   #8
DanAbnormal

I had this issue once. At the end of the day it's his choice, you can try to take keys off him but you can't stop him driving while ****ed. I had a full blown fight after not letting a 'mate' have his keys. He had been drinking all day and could barely stand. I ended up being cautioned by police for disturbing the peace. Oh and he still drove home sh*tfaced.

My opinion, let the **** stuff it into a tree. One less knob on the road.
Old 27-11-08, 06:09 PM   #9
captainsmelly

timwilky, i have a friend exactly like that. lovely guy, but has a drink and can't stop drinking until he becomes an utter c###. he has even beat up his female best friend. no body can stop him when he gets like this, not least because he weighs about 25 stone. what everyone has done now is refuse to go out with him, totally blank the bloke really until he stops acting that way. he gets the message and has stopped drinking completely