SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-08-08, 06:13 PM   #1
carty

Default Rukka and Belstaff waterproofs for sale

Hi all,

Before I went on the trip to the Nurburgring (which if anyone forgot to mention was awesome ) I had no waterproofs and I really wanted a one-piece waterproof suit to take with me in case of the inevitable. Well, I ended up buying three different sets of waterproofs from ebay . 1st set was quilted which I didn't want for the trip but I've decided might be useful for the future so I'm keeping them. The 2nd set (Belstaff ones) wouldn't fit over my leathers and the third set (Rukka ones) just about fit but I need help to get them on (thanks DMC ) so aren't really practical for everyday use. So I'm selling two sets if anyone's interested.

First, Belstaff one-piece. I'm 5"8' and slim/medium build. These are lovely and comfortable for me without leathers on but would suit someone smaller to wear over leathers. Possibly one of the ladies? They are 'as new', person I bought them off hadn't worn them and I've only tried them on. Never been out the house. £16 + postage (same as what I paid for them)

Second, Rukka one-piece. This is the genuine article and is superb. I wish they were a little bigger so they fitted me properly You're never going to get wet wearing this set. They have the bib thing inside and are made of thick waterproof material. Again, they hadn't been worn when I bought them and I've worn them for 1 1/2 days whilst on our trip last week. As I said, I can get these on with help over leathers and once o they're fine but would ideally suit someone a bit thinner or slightly smaller overall. Having said that, my leathers are 'race leathers' so have quite big shoulder padding - if you wear slim leathers and you're the same size as me they'd be fine. £20 + postage.

Either of these is as good (I believe) as anything currently being sold for much more new so grab a bargain!

If anyone in the area (Birmingham) is interested you can come and try them on or maybe meet up for a ride and I'll bring them with me PM if interested.

No jibes on the pics please

Cheers,
Matt
Old 19-08-08, 06:32 PM   #2
DMC

Default Re: Rukka and Belstaff waterproofs for sale

Hey Matt. Were you a catalogue model in a previous life? Some serious poses there

I might be interested in the Belstaffs (if I can get into them. The ones Ive got have a big rip down one leg so need replacing!
Old 20-08-08, 06:22 PM   #3
Gordon B

Bargain.

Unfortunately I'm about 3in too tall and about the same too wide or I'd have snapped your hand off for the Rukkas.

Where you'd get them originally as I'm looking for a one piece for commuting.
Old 09-07-19, 11:03 AM   #4
Jillhughes93

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
Hi all,

Before I went on the trip to the Nurburgring (which if anyone forgot to mention was awesome ) I had no waterproofs and I really wanted a one-piece waterproof suit to take with me in case of the inevitable. Well, I ended up buying three different sets of waterproofs from ebay . 1st set was quilted which I didn't want for the trip but I've decided might be useful for the future so I'm keeping them. The 2nd set (Belstaff ones) wouldn't fit over my leathers and the third set (Rukka ones) just about fit but I need help to get them on (thanks DMC ) so aren't really practical for everyday use. So I'm selling two sets if anyone's interested.

First, Belstaff one-piece. I'm 5"8' and slim/medium build. These are lovely and comfortable for me without leathers on but would suit someone smaller to wear over leathers. Possibly one of the ladies? They are 'as new', person I bought them off hadn't worn them and I've only tried them on. Never been out the house. £16 + postage (same as what I paid for them)

Second, Rukka one-piece. This is the genuine article and is superb. I wish they were a little bigger so they fitted me properly You're never going to get wet wearing this set. They have the bib thing inside and are made of thick waterproof material. Again, they hadn't been worn when I bought them and I've worn them for 1 1/2 days whilst on our trip last week. As I said, I can get these on with help over leathers and once o they're fine but would ideally suit someone a bit thinner or slightly smaller overall. Having said that, my leathers are 'race leathers' so have quite big shoulder padding - if you wear slim leathers and you're the same size as me they'd be fine. £20 + postage.

Either of these is as good (I believe) as anything currently being sold for much more new so grab a bargain!

If anyone in the area (Birmingham) is interested you can come and try them on or maybe meet up for a ride and I'll bring them with me PM if interested.

No jibes on the pics please

Cheers,
Matt
Hello is the belstaff available? I appreciate this post is quite old
Jillhughes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:34 PM   #5
shiftin_gear98

2008!
I think you have two hopes of it being available.

Bob Hope and No hope.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 02:08 PM   #6
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
2008!
I think you have two hopes of it being available.

Bob Hope and No hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-19, 09:24 PM   #7
Jillhughes93

I'd of kicked myself if a never asked ������ been on the hunt for this exact suit for a while ��
Old 09-07-19, 10:38 PM   #8
Chris_SVS

Richa Typhoon
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 04:54 AM   #9
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillhughes93 View Post
I'd of kicked myself if a never asked ������ been on the hunt for this exact suit for a while ��

... wouldn’t it be funny if the OP still had the items for sale - 11 years on - Jillhughs would certainly have the last laugh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-19, 05:51 AM   #10
Jillhughes93

I'm certainly clutching at straws. Think the chap is no longer using this forum. Lol