SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-11-06, 09:41 PM   #1
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Undertray fitted, with clear tail lights and new r-send!!!!

Fitted my new undertray from pyramid plastics to get rid of the stupid rear end it had, see what you think?Also installed clear integrated tail lights that work with my indicators sh!t hot me thinks!

Giant numberplate holder before the chop!!

Before numberplate was put on.

The complete article.

What your left with, battery box, fuse box ect.

For this undertray the only modification i had to make was to cut off the sides of the original undertray, then all u do is push up the original one to fit the new one on underneath it. the instructions do explain this but arnt clear until u start hacking away at the old undertray. it works suprisingly well leaving you with all the same places to put ur battery and tools and fuses ect.... the only thing i had to do was fix down the fuses using some velcro which holds it well and i had to drill a hole for the clip from the tank rod, then it just slid back into place no messing.

How much and where i got the paint from!

I decided to buy a black one ready for painting and then painted it myself, i got my paint kit from paints 4 u,, theres the web address http://www.paints4u.com/ once ur in just go to vechicle colours and choose the paint kit u want.

You can get them to paint it for u but it would have cost me about £150 for the finished job (as they dont supply my colour) but if they do its £128, i payed about £85 for the black one and then about £20 for paints so it was more work but it worked out cheaper. depends if ur happy to paint it or not, it does take time to get the colour as close as possible, but i was well pleased with mine, not one flaw in the paint and matches a treat.

The website i got the undertray from was http://intobikes.co.uk

My number plate light and reflector,,well i brought the light from jesters http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/acatalog/Lights.html theres the exact web address if u need only £8 so not bad.. The reflector was off an old bicycle,, i chopped it down to size and then stuck it on,,keeps the law happy anyway and doesnt look out of place..

Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-06, 09:43 PM   #2
kwak zzr

oh yes! oh yes! looking good
Old 06-11-06, 09:46 PM   #3
scooby2102

Rich, any chance of some pics with better lighting so we can see the underside properly

Thats the one I was going to fit (eventually)

Your right, its sh!t hot, looks well smart, the lights really complement it
Old 06-11-06, 10:58 PM   #4
dotted

Looks very good

I cant see it from the pictures , but does the undertray remove the tool box , and does it has a place to put the battery ,tank rod, ecu , fuse box, etc...??

I had to cut the tool box , to fit a gsxr shock , and im not happy with the looks... but that looks a lot better that my original undertay !!
Old 06-11-06, 11:14 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

Hey, i've got the same colour sv and its amazing how different it comes over in the pictures! did ermax paint it for you? i've looked on their website and theres no prices either(?). Those integrated indicators were next on my list of mods too!
Old 08-11-06, 09:17 AM   #6
BillyC
Mega Poster

Can you tell me what number plate light you used, as it has a reflector. TIA
Old 26-04-07, 06:31 PM   #7
independentphoto

Default Re: Undertray fitted, with clear tail lights and new r-send!!!!

Time for a can transplant there

Well done - nice job.

Garry
Old 26-04-07, 06:46 PM   #8
neio79

where did you get the clear rear lights from? i want a set. assuming they are not the ones with intergrated indicators, as that will cause an MOT fail!
Old 26-04-07, 07:06 PM   #9
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
where did you get the clear rear lights from? i want a set. assuming they are not the ones with intergrated indicators, as that will cause an MOT fail!
I brought mine from http://www.project-r.co.uk/it_suzuki.htm. They have the indicators built-in but for MOT purpose i've left my OEM indi's on and if the built-in indi's will fail the mot i will just unplug them easy as that!!! Both my OEM ones and my built-in ones come on the same time so looks good and gives the cage drivers two chances of seeing me indicate!!