SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-03-09, 05:07 PM   #1
G
Mega Poster

Default Its pheasent season again.......apparently!

I was riding to work this morning minding my own business on the country lanes when infront I see a load of dust and crap........along with a bike and rider clattering into the kerb

So I pass and swing it back round to help, it was pretty damp with rain and abit slippy to be fair so I thought he had taken the corner to quick, turns out a pheasent caught him clean in the face taking him off the bike......written off bike, two black eyes and a broken nose being the result.

I hung about until the police and ambulance arrived then swiftly did one before they decided to start picking at my bike.

Bloody hate pheasents, they sit and look at you with a daft expression on their face, then suicide dive straight into you at the last moment lol
Old 23-03-09, 05:10 PM   #2
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: Its pheasent season again.......apparently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I was riding to work this morning minding my own business on the country lanes when infront I see a load of dust and crap........along with a bike and rider clattering into the kerb

So I pass and swing it back round to help, it was pretty damp with rain and abit slippy to be fair so I thought he had taken the corner to quick, turns out a pheasent caught him clean in the face taking him off the bike......written off bike, two black eyes and a broken nose being the result.

I hung about until the police and ambulance arrived then swiftly did one before they decided to start picking at my bike.

Bloody hate pheasents, they sit and look at you with a daft expression on their face, then suicide dive straight into you at the last moment lol
Don't come near ours then......we're overrun with them round here!
Old 23-03-09, 05:37 PM   #3
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

I got my third pheasant the Saturday before last

I saw it take off and head straight for us and I was thinking 'Not the bike, not the bike! Not Pete, not Pete!'

Nope, me! Thank God for shoulder armour, although my arm still hurt for a couple of days.

Was the guy wearing a full face helmet, G?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 05:37 PM   #4
gettin2dizzy

I've had one hit me in the chest! Wish I'd managed to keep hold of it. They're pretty tasty
Old 23-03-09, 05:46 PM   #5
Speedy Claire

I had a lucky escape with a pheasant a few years ago..... I was tootling along doing about 70mph when a pheasant flew up and hit me on the side of my neck knocking me out cold. I ended up in a 10 foot ditch with my CBR600 (written off) a dislocated knee, 3 broken ribs and a damaged hip which I finally had surgery on last year.

The paramedics reckon that if I hadn`t been unconscious when I landed I would`ve been killed or suffered a broken back at the very least. It took me ages to get my confidence back and i didn`t buy another bike for a couple of years.

I hate seeing pheasants now and I think my Blood Pressure goes through the roof when I spot one! Glad this guy wasn`t too badly injured and best of luck with his recovery
Old 23-03-09, 05:52 PM   #6
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
I had a lucky escape with a pheasant a few years ago..... I was tootling along doing about 70mph when a pheasant flew up and hit me on the side of my neck knocking me out cold. I ended up in a 10 foot ditch with my CBR600 (written off) a dislocated knee, 3 broken ribs and a damaged hip which I finally had surgery on last year.

The paramedics reckon that if I hadn`t been unconscious when I landed I would`ve been killed or suffered a broken back at the very least. It took me ages to get my confidence back and i didn`t buy another bike for a couple of years.

I hate seeing pheasants now and I think my Blood Pressure goes through the roof when I spot one! Glad this guy wasn`t too badly injured and best of luck with his recovery
+1 to being glad he wasn't badly injured and b loody hell Speedy.....glad you're still with us and in one piece!
Old 23-03-09, 06:07 PM   #7
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
I've had one hit me in the chest! Wish I'd managed to keep hold of it. They're pretty tasty
legally, your not allowed to keep it if you kill it on the road, but the guy behind you is allowed to pick it up...
Old 23-03-09, 06:12 PM   #8
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Bloody pheasants.They havent been properly put back in their place since Wyatt Tyler led the revolt.
Old 23-03-09, 06:29 PM   #9
maviczap
Mega Poster

They're stupid birds, the roost on a path to a river where i fish. When I'm walking back in the dark they suddenly fly off and scare the bejusus outta me
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 06:55 PM   #10
kwak zzr

a pheasant in the face at 80mph hurts! believe me.