SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-01-11, 09:49 AM   #1
cbay
Mega Poster

Default Insurance time again.

Well it's that time of the year again for the motorbike insurance.

I'm quite chuffed with the results I have got but just wondered if there was any good deals anyone else had seen like free gifts, ;-P

So for I've got Business Class 1 insurance for 20K with all my mods included and a pillion for £230! now I think that's a bit of a result. With one years no claims bonus. Last year it was £480 which I thought was good but this year is even better! ;-P
cbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11, 09:52 AM   #2
Springbokki

Default Re: Insurance time again....

Where as me, who had an RTA due to someone else's fault, has seen my insurance go from £350 fully comp, to over £1000 fully comp! On anything bigger than a 125cc!
Something seriously wrong there!
Old 22-01-11, 02:24 PM   #3
hongman

I think insurance is generally going up everywhere. My business insurance for the motor was £800 last year FC with 3 years NCB.

4 Years NCB this year, no changes, and its gone up £200.

Did some checking around and everyone else wants £1400! WTF.
Old 22-01-11, 02:36 PM   #4
MisterTommyH

Car insurance has gone up. Bike insurance has gone down. No reasons. Go figure...
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11, 02:41 PM   #5
rowdy

I have just renewed mine. Considering all the talk of premiums going up, I tried thebikeinsurer.co.uk for a comparison site. Was quite chuffed with the results, about three brokers coming in at £90 then steady increases of a tenner per broker. Considering the cheapest last year was around £50 more (I had max no claims last year as well).
Had my renewal from Carole Nash. They wanted £178. Told them I'd be going elsewhere as that is nearly double what I had been quoted and the premium miraculously dropped to £137. That is still cheaper than I was paying them last year and the benefits of the cover outweighed the cheaper quotes I got from the comparison site so I have stuck with them again this year.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11, 03:20 PM   #6
sauluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy H View Post
Car insurance has gone up. Bike insurance has gone down. No reasons. Go figure...
Same here, my car insurance went up and bike came down.
Was: Blue SK5
Was: KMX125.. stolen..
sauluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11, 03:20 PM   #7
Scrawf

Under no circumstances, never ever, do not bother with Hastings Direct! Although they quoted me a reasonable premium dealing with them is like pulling teeth! All their staff seem to be part time call centre workers who know absolutely nothing about bikes or insurance! They take ages to answer the simplest questions. I was on the phone on Tuesday for over an hour trying to get some information on my insurance and then they couldn't do it so they said they would call me back................still waiting! What a shower!

Scrawf
Old 22-01-11, 04:49 PM   #8
ManxMatt34

I've been with Ecar for my car insurance. And there renewal quote came back about £220 higher than the previous year... with better parts in my favour... i.e. 1 year older, 1 year extra ncb so on so on.

As stated above car insurance appears to have gone up generally.
Bike wise is a different story, last year i re-insured my SV650 for £550 and now i'm looking to buy a 955i Sprint (higher insurance group). Best deal so far is ££370 for the year. Matt.
Old 22-01-11, 09:05 PM   #9
cbay
Mega Poster

Default Re: Insurance time again.

Well admitedly my insurance is only TPFT but still good price. Its £600 for fully comp and I'm trying to save the pennies at the moment.
cbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11, 09:11 PM   #10
Stig

Default Re: Insurance time again.

Think almost everyone is finding their premium rising. My car insurance jumped by over £400. But then I have been a naughty boy recently.