SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 28-10-20, 03:55 PM   #1
burns_2k

Default SW Motech Centre Stand For Curvy SV650

I've got a centre stand which I've removed from my curvy SV650 as I'm used to not having one, so it never really got much use. I'm looking for £100 posted, I don't think I've ever seen another one for sale anywhere.

I can take some pictures if anyone is interested.
burns_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 08:42 PM   #2
gadget

Default Re: SW Motech Centre Stand For Curvy SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns_2k View Post
I've got a centre stand which I've removed from my curvy SV650 as I'm used to not having one, so it never really got much use. I'm looking for £100 posted, I don't think I've ever seen another one for sale anywhere.

I can take some pictures if anyone is interested.
Sounds interesting, is it a direct fit? Does anything have to be altered/removed or chopped about?
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 07:36 AM   #3
burns_2k

It's a direct fit, nothing has to be altered. It includes things like a slightly longer engine mount bolt, which is used for one of the mounts, longer side stand bolts (another two of the mounting points) etc. The last mounting point is the right side foot peg. I've got a lot going on at the moment, but I can probably get some pictures posted up this weekend.
Old 11-11-20, 07:55 PM   #4
gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns_2k View Post
It's a direct fit, nothing has to be altered. It includes things like a slightly longer engine mount bolt, which is used for one of the mounts, longer side stand bolts (another two of the mounting points) etc. The last mounting point is the right side foot peg. I've got a lot going on at the moment, but I can probably get some pictures posted up this weekend.
Many thanks for the info, some pics would be great, no need to rush it though as I'm not in a super hurry.
Thanks.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 03:58 PM   #5
burns_2k

Hi,
Sorry about the long wait. I had to get hold of the standard bolts to replace the longer engine mount bolt etc.

The paint is looking a bit tatty in places. The only other thing I would mention is whilst checking everything was there I found a bolt and spacer for the brake light switch was missing. It could be replaced with a slightly longer bolt and a few washers. However, it wasn't on my bike and it didn't cause an issues. I also have a PDF copy of the fitting instructions that I can email over or print and put in the parcel, but as it is already assembled they are essentially:
Remove lower engine mount bolt.
Remove side stand.
Remover right hand footrest.
Put stand in place.
Refit all of the above with included longer bolts and spacer where necessary, except for the side stand which uses the standard bolts.
Adjust brake light switch.

Let me know if you are still interested, sorry again about the wait. I should be able to get it couriered out early next week now I have all the bits together.

Last edited by burns_2k; 31-01-21 at 04:02 PM.
Old 21-02-21, 10:01 AM   #6
burns_2k

This is now listed on ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333896772680