SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 04-07-11, 06:02 PM   #231
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Good to meet you too Dave. It was a great run apart from the end bit
Ok I will bite. What happened at the end?

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 06:37 PM   #232
Artful

Default Re: Bibio's Sunday Bimbles

I had a slight collision with a VW passat at a hump backed bridge between Pitlochry and Braemar.

The bridge was very narrow with signs either side telling you to be aware of oncoming traffic. As you come off the bridge it corners a bit to the left. I was just about off the bridge when this elderly gentleman decided to come onto it. He had kind of moved his car out onto the road to get onto the bridge so when I was almost round the bend I was met with him and practically nowhere to go.

I ended up going right along the side of his car. I keep putting it down to my inexperience and thinking that any of you lot would probably have managed passed. I wasnt going fast as I dont really go too fast at the best of times. There just wasnt enough room for me and the bike to get past. I had a brick wall on one side and his car on the other.

I had no witnesses and he was in the car with his wife. Its in the hands of the insurance companies now and the Poilcewoman who came said that they will act on her report.

As far as damage goes, his car got it pretty bad. My crash bung vanished and the bolt that holds it on is now at 90 deg. My indicator got knocked off and the toeslider on my right boot is gone as well. There is a very slight scuff on the fairing next to where the Crash bung was. I think my confidence has taken more damage than the bike.

Last edited by Artful; 04-07-11 at 10:18 PM.
Artful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 07:18 PM   #233
fenjer

You did well to keep the bike upright and on the road by the sounds of it. I'd have picked car over stone wall on the other side!

Sorry to hear about the damage to the bike. Best thing to do is to get back on and get back out there.

*hug*
Old 04-07-11, 07:58 PM   #234
Artful

Cheers Jen,

I was quite amazed myself that I was still on the bike once I had passed the car.

We went from the accident spot up to Braemar then home so I didnt really have much choice but to just get back on it. Probably for the best as you say. I thought I handled it better mentally than I actually did and Lance noticed right away that I had slowed down considerably (if possible).
Old 04-07-11, 09:09 PM   #235
fenjer

We've all done it love, given ourselves a fright and then rode home like we were sitting on a pin and driving Miss Daisy afterwards.

Once you sit down and process things like that it makes it seem so much worse.

*more hugs*
Old 04-07-11, 09:12 PM   #236
appollo1
Mega Poster

Well done for keeping the bike up. And well done for getting going again, yes you had a knock and it shook you up a bit but look on the bright side, minor repairable damage to the bike and no damage other than probably a clean pair of boxers to you.

When I get back we can go for a bimble and you will see that you are not the slowest rider around.

http://www.german-shepherd-rescue-scotland.org.uk/ everyone deserves a second chance

RIP Appollo miss you and will always love you x x x x
appollo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-11, 09:39 PM   #237
Artful

Look forward to it Appollo and cheers again Jen.
Old 04-07-11, 11:00 PM   #238
mabozzar

artful.. glad yer in one piece... if that wid have been me [as i cant see past a hump back bridge] id have landed on his bonnet.... well hopefully the insurance wont put it down to a 50 50...but if youve got off with very light damage,.,, an no injury,, yer winning already..., i was gonna meet ye`s on sunday there,, but a wasnt sure if it was SV`s only... an me without a sv... wasnt sure.... glad yer ok..

2 years ago...i was doin 35mph goin past a gas station 10.30 at nite,, a summer nite ona main road.. when this Jeep just decided to turn right into the gas station,, it was if it was in slow motion as i clicked ma heels as i was goin over the top of his jeep.. i was on a trail bike a dommie... the bars came round to ma left an an stuckinto ma left side.. luck had it that i had ma tobacco tim in ma pocket,,as a think thats what saved me fae gettin punctured,,as it squashed the tin like a crisp poke wi a flame under it... i was flat out on the road after clearing the jeep...... the guy got out all appology`s.. sayin it was his fault.. he said he jist didnt see me,,, he was jist home fae being abroad an was goin in to the gas station fur ciggys.... i got upo,,took details.. dusted off an headed off..... WRONG MOVE.. i should hve lay there an waited fur the ambulance an the police... but if it ever happens again,, thats what al be doin,,, as when its recorded like that ye have a MUCH better chance wi that insurance we pay.... I ripped the pocket off ma jeans.. scuffed ma mudguard,, an twisted ma bars....

at home the next day... i straightened ma bars an a was as happy as Larry,, until,, i went fur a pee, an saw that ma under carriage was al black.... went tae the hospitial an took pics of it,, i say it,,,as ye know whit a mean eh !!! that took nearly two years before pay out came... but it was worth it in the end... i got 600 fur damages to ma jeans an ma helmet that i said incurred an jacket an gloves.. if i had the reciepts of the clothing ad have got twice as much... 800 fur damage to ma bike... an 2500 fur injury....... so a winner al round.... so if i was you,, id go see a doctor an tell him yer a bag of nercves now.. an yer not sure ye`l be doing yer hobby again.. biking.. as ye cant bring yersel tae go back on teh bike,, ye have to plead asif yer a bag of nerves... cause they insurance companies,, wont pay out unless they need to........ and, before i forget.. third party ins,, isnt worth the paper its wrote on.... fully comp all the way fae then on ..in ma car.. ma van.. an ma bike..... unless ye get on tae yer insurance.. they will NOT chase it up. act fast.......... rant over......cheers. as they say...

Ride fast an take chances..........................................M e
Old 05-07-11, 07:37 AM   #239
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear of your bump. At least you were not hurt. !!!

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 07:39 AM   #240
Quedos

Sorry the hear that but as he above says Least you're not badly hurt.
Fingers crossed for a decent outcome.