SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-04-06, 03:48 PM   #1
CoolGirl

Default Aaaargh! off-related personal injury claim woes

Right, I had a major off in November 2003 when a pedestrian ran out in front of the bike in central London during rush hour. I didn't hit him, but he caused me to swerve, fly over the bars and end up in a mess on the tarmac. I'm still recovering.

My insurers appointed solicitors to progress a claim against the (uninsured) person who used the accident - which was witnessed by the police, bystanders and all caught on CCTV. Everyone was in my favour.

The solicitors were reluctant to go to court straight away becasue of the complex nature of my injuries and the length of time it was taking me to recover. They had only just begun to seek independent medical reports in January when, low and behold, the 'defendant' has disappeared

Letters sent to his home have come back as 'no longer at this address' and apparently he has sold his house with no forwarding address. The solicitors have put a tracing agent on to it, but I'm not holding out much hope. If only it hadn't taken them 2 years to get down to putting a case together....

All I wanted was the cost of my replacement kit, my policy excess and my NCB back