SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 04-07-08, 04:43 PM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default Bikesafe

Well , whilst most of you are having a drunken and debauched weekend at the AR08 I will be thrapping around North Wales being followed by Mr Paul Cheshire on my Bikesafe course , looking forward to it greatly but with some trepidation as well
Old 06-07-08, 10:39 PM   #2
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Bikesafe

Well the Saturday went quite well with a good theory session and I actually ended up getting paired off with Paul Cheshire himself , that guy corners like he is on rails . He pointed out my faults and I made improvements . Had a good laugh with him . Got ticks mostly in the "2" boxes with a few in the "3" section .

Today I got paired off with Danny Kettle (North Wales Fire Brigade Bike) , he informed me that Paul was "at the top of the game" and in a way I was unlucky to get him the first day for criticism LOL . It was all good though . Had a good day with Dan , he kept making me pull his finger so he could Fart . Only made a chump of myself with an overtake that was a bit "Fast" instead of "Progressive" - Broke the limit there . I ended that session with 50% of the ticks in the number "2" box and 50% in the "3" box , Dan also advised me that with a bit of polish I should go for the AIM course .

Overall opinion from Paul and Dan was that I was a safe and cautious rider who would benefit from being closer to the vehicle in front and going for it a bit more . Dan did add that I was "Tanking it" on the ride home and putting it all to practise and should continue with my new found skills .

Highly recommended course no matter your age or skill level , the majority of people there have held licences for around 20 years and they all said they had made improvements .
Old 07-07-08, 06:24 AM   #3
Baph

Cool, good to know, since I'll be there for the Bikesafe/FBoS next month.
Old 07-07-08, 03:17 PM   #4
Speedy Claire

Glad you had a good time, I got a lot out of mine, was money well spent
Old 07-07-08, 06:40 PM   #5
xXBADGERXx

Mine was Free lol , greatly enjoyed it and put it all to good use today as well on the ride to and from work . Is it worth paying for ? undoubtedly
Old 07-07-08, 09:55 PM   #6
Speedy Claire

A bonus you didn`t have to pay but as you say is it worth paying for? definitely a resounding yes
Old 07-07-08, 11:19 PM   #7
conwyrichie

paul cheshire is top of the class, id recomend the bike safe to anyone
Old 08-07-08, 10:09 AM   #8
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwyrichie View Post
paul cheshire is top of the class, id recomend the bike safe to anyone
Agree with the Bikesafe recommends, although me and Paul have had some 'interesting' discussions.......
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 01:33 PM   #9
conwyrichie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Agree with the Bikesafe recommends, although me and Paul have had some 'interesting' discussions.......
he is doing an awareness weekend 2/3 august in llangollen, it looks v interesting