SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-04-12, 01:22 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Emulators fitted - Curvy.

Just buttoned everything back together after fitting the Debrix emulators to my curvy. Front end immediately feels much less bouncy when braking, even just up and down the lane by my house.

I'll post up a fuller review when I've had the opportunity to ride the bike properly.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-12, 08:52 PM   #2
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Emulators fitted - Curvy.

Right then, just got back from a round trip of about 40 miles on a variety of roads, fast sweepers, twisty B roads, and bumpy back lanes. The bike feels so much more assured in all situations. Gone are the soggy front end bounces around bends, ditto the inability to cope properly with poor surfaces. The suspension now deals in an unflustered fashion with bumps both in a straight line, and in corners where it previously started to wallow if pushed a bit hard.
It no longer feels like it's about to let go when I'm cranked over for a bend and it responds much more confidently when riding briskly through a series of right/left/right bends.

Overall, much more confidence inspiring and well worth the time and money spent doing this modification.

Now, about that there rear shocker......
Old 15-04-12, 07:39 PM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Something I've just realised today is that since fitting the emulators the SV clunk has vanished.
Old 16-04-12, 02:58 PM   #4
Dabteacake

Glad your happy with your improvements
Old 16-04-12, 03:31 PM   #5
HoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Something I've just realised today is that since fitting the emulators the SV clunk has vanished.
I've had mine fitted for a little while now & noticed the same, I was looking at the forks today & you can see the difference in travel by where the dust caps are polishing the forks. I'm certainly no expert but when cornering I often used to get a little wobble as if the wheel was slipping or something which has now gone away.

A rather bargainous improvement that's boosted my confidence. Like you mention, makes you start to think about the back though
Old 16-04-12, 08:48 PM   #6
Urbanfireblade

When i did mine almost straight away i noticed how unsprung/bouncy the rear shock was, so they definetely make a difference, that plus thicker fork oil. My bike had only done around 1800miles from new, so the rear shock really is that rubbish!
Old 16-04-12, 08:54 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanfireblade View Post
When i did mine almost straight away i noticed how unsprung/bouncy the rear shock was, so they definetely make a difference, that plus thicker fork oil. My bike had only done around 1800miles from new, so the rear shock really is that rubbish!
yup and i can tell you when you put the good trick bits on an sv it really is a bike that does it all and is a pleasure to ride. it carves threw corners with ease and stops in a nats fart but the best bit is just how bloody comfy it is, ok the seat is still crap but the decent suspension soaks up the bumps.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12, 09:09 PM   #8
Serdna

Oh man i cant wait, i have emulators in my bedroom ready to go in, i bought springs and oil today online and i have a b1h shock waiting for fitment in the garage too.
My front end has turned into a soggy mess this spring as the weather warmed up, so much so that its almost made me crash a few times. At the moment if im braking hard into a bend i need to let off early enough so that the front end can bounce and then settle before i lean over!
Old 16-04-12, 09:40 PM   #9
svrich

I fitted mine at the weekend. They have completely transformed the feel of the bike. I'd fitted a Penske to the rear quite some time ago and felt a massive improvement with that, now the front has evened it all out. The emulators and new oil have greatly reduced the breaking dive and the feel from the road is very refreshing. I've never ridden another bike, other than a Divi 600 when learning in 2006, so I haven't had anything to compare it to (and my car is a very old Landrover, which doesn't equal good handling) but everything feels 'right' now. Cornering confidence is way up, as is filtering due to the reduction in tram-lining over the central lines and over-banding. Adjusting lean and line mid corner or roundabout feels odd at the mement but I just need to get used to the new feel.
Over all, I'm chuffed that the work (not that much actually) paid off so well. The only down side is that I'm now wondering what I can do next
Old 16-04-12, 09:49 PM   #10
HoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
stops in a nats fart
Is there an easy (cheaper) way to do that or are you talking about a front end swap?