SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-03-07, 10:52 PM   #21
Flamin_Squirrel

Default Re: Spontaneity - Brands Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
I hadn't been on a track this time last year
Cool!

How many days you done so far?
Old 08-03-07, 11:00 PM   #22
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Ok, the person in front of me at the start of this clip with the orange leathers is our very own SV650Racer AKA Blues-Target!!

As you will see, I get bullied quite a lot on my little SV!!

Brands Trackday Vid download
And allow me to say.. holy crap if I can ever get anywhere near that quick I'll be pleased. Impressive!
Old 09-03-07, 07:33 AM   #23
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
And allow me to say.. holy crap if I can ever get anywhere near that quick I'll be pleased. Impressive!
Haha..did I mention Bluey is my sv.Org track day hero?
Bluey's is da man and you can take that to the bank .

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-07, 09:56 AM   #24
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST View Post

This one is less exciting but shows me tagging onto/chasing another minitwin (the guy that overtakes me down the straight at the beginning of the vid on a black bike, black leathers was a MRO minitwin), there are bits of action, but its not massively exciting - So you are looking at technical content more than ‘wow’ - its a shame the other bikes intervened breaking my hold on him ... the last 2 or 3 laps where I get a clear run here (i.e. no other bike intervenes on my lines/momentum) with minitwin dude in my sights still, I am banging in some mid-high 53s

Brands Trackday Vid download #2

I’d like to know who the guy is to see how he gets on this weekend … I’ll do a bit of digging through last seasons online pics and see if I can find a bike/leathers match

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 09-03-07 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-03-07, 10:21 AM   #25
Tomcat

why can't I watch your downloads? Is it just me?
Old 09-03-07, 10:36 AM   #26
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
why can't I watch your downloads? Is it just me?
Dunno ...

What software are you using??? Windows XP and windows media player?? As long as the file downloads ok (you do realise that the link is to a file hosting site where you have to download the file from?! ) and you are using 'windows media player' 9 onwards (which comes as standard with 'windows XP') it should be fine ...

If you are using other stuff then I can't guarantee it will work ...

open windows media player and 'drag and drop' the file into it ...

If you are still out of luck I have YouTube'd the first vid (the quality is poor to start with, its even worse after TouTube has compressed it!! ) so its worth trying to get the original going ... but if all else fails:-

YouTube Vid #1

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 09-03-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-03-07, 10:42 AM   #27
Tomcat

must be this system at work, will look when I get home ...

sorry as you were, carry on
Old 10-03-07, 10:33 PM   #28
Blue_SV650S

Well looking at todays (Sat) results ... I hyphtosise that I should have perhaps raced as I might have been able to pull something off here ...

With a personal best time of ~53.5 on the trackday - bearing in mind on sh4gged tyres etc (from personal experience - new tyres are easily worth a second ) ... I think I could have thrown in 52s with a new set of tyres and some incentive to push harder ... i.e. sight of a podium/win and a slipstream/tow and that would have potentially seen me right up there ...

MRO minitwins
Qualifying
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=480144
Race1
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=480145
Race2
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=480146

Thunderbike
Practice
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=480166
Race1
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=480167
Race2
http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=480168

At the end of the day, lets face it, I didn't do it so we shall never know, but its quite pleasing to think that I am not far off winning pace even now - so I haven't gone totally 'soft' - and that's enough for me at this point - I am not sure I want all the grief that goes with actually racing, so I don't feel I really missed out ...

But it's cool to think that given my trackday times and extrapolate what times I think I could have done this weekend from that, chances are if I could have performed well and got a good qualifying and start, I would have podiumed if not won the Thunderbike in particular And perhaps stood a fair chance in MRO minitwins! how cool would that have been at my first outing on my rarther budget SV!?!?

But I didn't do it - so no silverware to add to my collection!! ...

It's interesting to see that a about second (fastest lap) spits the top 15!! That's competitive out there

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 10-03-07 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 10:44 PM   #29
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Cracking races,I watched them all.
Like you say,they were very close and very competitive,so putting in those lap times must get a whole lot harder with several other bikes doing their best to get in your way at every turn.
Old 10-03-07, 10:57 PM   #30
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Cracking races,I watched them all.
Like you say,they were very close and very competitive,so putting in those lap times must get a whole lot harder with several other bikes doing their best to get in your way at every turn.
Yes and no ...

If you are in the lead you have a clear track ... and only need to do those times and you will keep the lead .. the others have to go faster to pass ... but yes if you are in 5th and you have a few guys in front doing the same sort of times, it is very hard to get past - so although perhaps capable of slightly faster times than the guys in front, it isn't gonna happen and you will end up 5th! ... been there - done that so many times before!!

Like I said its all hypothosising .. but it's still pleasing to realise that I honestly reckon inside that I could have hit winning pace this weekend ... that's all that matters to me right now! So the sudda -cudda - what if - doesn't really matter to me at this point!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 10-03-07 at 11:01 PM.