SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-03-07, 11:42 PM   #31
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: Spontaneity - Brands Indy

So SV650Racer, what happened to your bike? Nothing too serious I hope, I remember you saying you just had the engine stripped...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 09:53 AM   #32
SV650Racer

Nick...its often too easy to talk about it...so walk the talk and get out there!..no excuses.

anyhow...nothing serious..one of the main shells had slid slightly..no other damage so a big sigh of relief there!!. 99% its a bad shell... Nothing to do with the tuning which i am glad about...just one of those things that can happen.

anyhow thank god for my spare ebay engine..it was running as lean as hell and weezy and about 10-20bhp down on most stuff but still managed to get into 52's Sunday morning. Taught me alot revving the nads off the stock motor..so as soon as the tuned one goes back in its got to be worth a second down the straights or i will blow it to bits attempting to do so!!!!.
Old 12-03-07, 02:49 PM   #33
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post
Nick...its often too easy to talk about it...so walk the talk and get out there!..no excuses.
Not really needed .. I think we both know I can kick your @ss!!
Old 12-03-07, 03:41 PM   #34
SV650Racer

rightyo..put your money where your mouth is then!!!!

all things aside though i used to get hooked up on lap times but now know sticking in one fast lap doesnt win races..its everything combined from keeping a consistant pace, good start and a fast first lap and also of course being lucky and out of trouble that wins races. Easy to sit in an armchair and say it than getting out there and doing it ..anyways..shame you video'd me in the session i wasnt pushing...that knocking from below my ass was a tad worrying...i had serious visions of piston meeting mr head and popping out to say hi to everyone!
Old 12-03-07, 05:27 PM   #35
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
anyhow...nothing serious..one of the main shells had slid slightly..no other damage so a big sigh of relief there!!. 99% its a bad shell...
Ooh, lucky one there, even I could fix that Glad the crank's OK though.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 06:20 PM   #36
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
You might note from my original writeup that consistency was one of the main things I was pleased to get back

You might also want to note that bearing in mind my bikes stage of development, running well worn tyres and my first time on that bike at that track - after ~6 months layoff and not racing for just under a year (and I only did one round in 06), to be able to do ~1s off race winning laptimes on my 3rd sessions of the day is very pleasing ... ... would you not agree??

I am also VERY aware that the fact I can potentially do the times doesn’t guarantee me a place at the front!! You still seem to continually forget that I have been-there-done-that!!

p.s. there is nothing like a bit of blatant bating!! I was actually gutted that we couldn't play more due to you playing it safe with your bike when it stared making noises and not riding it (which was totally the right thing to do BTW ) .. I was actually gagging for someone to play with as that 4 min clip was the most exciting part of my day! The rest of the time I was prety much on my todd!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 12-03-07 at 07:38 PM.
Old 26-03-07, 05:17 PM   #37
Jdubya

Some pics from the race weekend are over here...