SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-05-12, 02:54 PM   #11
Owenski

Default Re: What's the law on this

yeah you can borrow mine on the sole condition that it isnt used to transport a motorcylce.

Im kidding I dont have a van, nor live anywhere near you but hopefully the humor compensated for the early bad news.
Old 03-05-12, 03:00 PM   #12
HoL

You could strip it down to it's component parts, put it in a car & rebuild it at the test center for him. You have been practicing after all
Old 03-05-12, 03:01 PM   #13
Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
yeah you can borrow mine on the sole condition that it isnt used to transport a motorcylce.

Im kidding I dont have a van, nor live anywhere near you but hopefully the humor compensated for the early bad news.
If the org isnt used for making jokes and taking the p1ss then it would have about 5 members. And I know EXACTLY where you live (insert evil laugh) and your right, it's no where near me.
Old 03-05-12, 03:56 PM   #14
Owenski

Lol, I'll add you to my list of "members who have humor function in ON mode" list
Old 03-05-12, 04:17 PM   #15
suzukigt380paul

if you take it to a mot station and asumming it passes the mot you can then tax it online or on the phone and then drive it home,when you tax a vehicle online you can then use it straight away for up to 5 days while they post your tax disk and thats a fact,and when you tax a sorn vehicle you can only back date it to the beginning of the month and not the following month even if its the 30th of that month

Last edited by suzukigt380paul; 03-05-12 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-05-12, 04:43 PM   #16
davepreston

silly one here but maybe worth a ask
on a sunday can you park the bike at a mot centre near your home to be mot'd first thing in the morning by prebooked mot (obviously having a contact number for friendly mot man in pocket if pullled)

knowledgeable people begin
Old 03-05-12, 04:44 PM   #17
davepreston

strickly speaking you are staying with in the law with the above eg it doesnt state that the mot has to be done imediately when taking it to the mot place
Old 03-05-12, 04:52 PM   #18
WayneL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Just go outside the MOT centre with your shiney new MOT and Tax by phone.

The penalties of having tax and not displaying are FAR less than not having tax at all.
If the registered keeper address does not match yours then the only way you can do it is in a post office. After that you can renew your tax by phone or over the net.
Old 03-05-12, 11:28 PM   #19
Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
strickly speaking you are staying with in the law with the above eg it doesnt state that the mot has to be done imediately when taking it to the mot place
I like your thinking Dave but plod might think I'm being a smart a*se if I get pulled and plant murder weapons and class a drugs on me. When you challenge a person about something and the first two words out of their mouth are "Well technically ........." you automatically want to remove their heart with an ice cream scooper. I don't want that to happen.

I have idle bikers trailor on standby and hopefully borrowing a car with a towbar and flashy light gizmo. Fingers crossed
Old 05-05-12, 06:50 PM   #20
ryanh1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukigt380paul View Post
if you take it to a mot station and asumming it passes the mot you can then tax it online or on the phone and then drive it home,when you tax a vehicle online you can then use it straight away for up to 5 days while they post your tax disk and thats a fact,and when you tax a sorn vehicle you can only back date it to the beginning of the month and not the following month even if its the 30th of that month
The first 5 days exemption is only the first 5 working days of the new month and only if the application is made before the previous disc/sorn expires.