SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Are you going to the TV track day?
Yes. Watch me back it in sideways Rossi style. 2 14.29%
Yes. Watch me waddle round at the back of the pack just like Melandri 9 64.29%
No 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-08, 05:16 PM   #81
Devil Biccy

Default Re: 16/06/08 - The TVSF Track Day Experience

I'm struggling to undo one bolt from the rear footrest as I need to replace with another that has an exhaust mounting bracket, then book in for an MOT or Use the pointy and loan BA the "old style R&G" if the SV gets fixed
Old 02-06-08, 05:24 PM   #82
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Biccy View Post
I'm struggling to undo one bolt from the rear footrest as I need to replace with another that has an exhaust mounting bracket, then book in for an MOT or Use the pointy and loan BA the "old style R&G" if the SV gets fixed
I thought you didn't have the old style, but if you do, cool. For purely selfish reasons, I hope you don't get it fixed and sorted in time and have to take the pointy. Sorry, my bad.
Old 02-06-08, 06:12 PM   #83
philbut

What is the problem with the SV Si? I know you need an R&G but what else is up with it?

I have now cured my electrical gremlins (fingers crossed) so i just need a new rear tyre now + oil change and I'm ready!
Old 02-06-08, 08:56 PM   #84
Stig

Clutch doing bad things and for some reason I can't get the chain and sprockets to align.

I think the alignment issue has been resolved. I am led to believe it is the carrier bolts which have been over tightened.

A suspect push rod for the clutch but waiting to hear about that.
Old 03-06-08, 11:52 AM   #85
StreetHawk

Better get your bikes sorted.. Under 2 weeks to kick off. I'm waiting on 2 parts , missing a bank sensor and need a new spring pad.. then I'll be ready Apart from the big box of riding talent that i've been waiting on for a while now..

Looking forward to this.. What we doing re riding up together on the sunday? How about meeting at Fox's around lunchtime, those coming from further south could meet at the Shire beforehand..
Old 03-06-08, 12:06 PM   #86
flibble

We were doing some work on Dan's bike last night, to convert his into track only bike. Only problem is we can't get one of the R&G bungs off to remove the fairing as the stem bolt has been threaded!!

He's going to try something else tonight, fingers crossed.

Hope you all get bikes sorted too, not long now!
Old 03-06-08, 12:06 PM   #87
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetHawk View Post
Better get your bikes sorted.. Under 2 weeks to kick off. I'm waiting on 2 parts , missing a bank sensor and need a new spring pad.. then I'll be ready Apart from the big box of riding talent that i've been waiting on for a while now..

Looking forward to this.. What we doing re riding up together on the sunday? How about meeting at Fox's around lunchtime, those coming from further south could meet at the Shire beforehand..
Sounds good to me mate. Yeah, the Valentino skill package I ordered hasn't appeared yet either - I guess they must be on backorder. Ah well.

I guess we should plan a route as it will be REALLY dull just to ride up the motorway. could ride the FOT from aylesbury then get on the A43 to Northampton then carry on past to Kettering then a6003 to corby and rockingham. Mostly a roads but better than the M40
Old 03-06-08, 12:10 PM   #88
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble View Post
We were doing some work on Dan's bike last night, to convert his into track only bike. Only problem is we can't get one of the R&G bungs off to remove the fairing as the stem bolt has been threaded!!
I had a similar degree of fun last night fitting a proper tail tidy. Whichever previous owner was responsible for the sawn-off monstrosity it exhibited has managed to do away with the reg plate light completely and the nuts holding the indicators on were seized good and proper - so much so that one of the bolts tore itself completely out of the indicator housing. Might be a job for Mr Araldite.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 12:18 PM   #89
flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogden View Post
I had a similar degree of fun last night fitting a proper tail tidy. Whichever previous owner was responsible for the sawn-off monstrosity it exhibited has managed to do away with the reg plate light completely and the nuts holding the indicators on were seized good and proper - so much so that one of the bolts tore itself completely out of the indicator housing. Might be a job for Mr Araldite.
hmm, not sure that'll work with crash bung.. lol

I also did some fiberglass mending on his track fairings. Darn good job I'd say.. (reckon I need to get good at that )
Old 03-06-08, 01:02 PM   #90
Warthog

Yeah I could meet at foxes for the ride up, might be nice! I need to go tent shopping soon....