SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-12-06, 06:36 PM   #1
instigator

Default What is this object?

That particular one used to be my Grans and I only recently came across it again in an Aunts house and it triggered lots of good memories. I would of course, like one now to sit on my desk. Particularly one in grey and white but just the name of the thing would allow me to try and find them.

Best I came up with is "multicoloured sand in water display case type thing"

I could watch it all day when I was young...
Old 05-12-06, 06:39 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I havent seen one of those for year, can't remember what its called though... sorry.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 06:43 PM   #3
emcf

my folks had one of those when i was a wee kid....i spent sooo much time playing with it!!! found this website -

http://dev.innovatoys.com/c/SAN

not quite the same things really, but same idea....
Old 05-12-06, 06:44 PM   #4
instigator

No problem.

I haven't seen them for years either as I don't think they're 'in fashion'. Sort of thing your gran has. I think if you could design one to be fitted to a wall in an office (waiting room) it would be a very attractive feature to have. When I was young, it just captivated me... (if that is the right phrase to use)

Cheers emcf, ace link.
Old 05-12-06, 06:49 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I remember seeing them in places like Athena and gift shops at the seaside when I was growing up. Its bugging me now. I used to like watching them though very captivating.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 07:08 PM   #6
emcf

no worries....you've just given me a great xmas gift idea for one of my nieces!!
Old 05-12-06, 07:12 PM   #7
K

Oh man, me too - not seen one for ages, used to see 'em in Athena all that jazz.

And I can't remember what they were called either.
Old 07-12-06, 11:34 AM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Wow that brings back memories of the late 80s!! "Sandart" was what is was called wasnt it? Or have i been at the sherry again?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-06, 11:51 AM   #9
keithd

its an "etch-a-sketch"

HTH