SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-01-07, 01:29 PM   #1
mac608

Default M60 Closed

M60 is closed at Barton Bridge - both directions

Two lorries blown over. Police have stated that they will not recover them until the wind dies down.

If you are using the M60 might be worth contacting the AA etc
mac608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-07, 01:46 PM   #2
mudge32

And Jct 32 on the M6 by the look of this
Old 18-01-07, 04:48 PM   #3

I should know i helped the lorry driver just after he had been dragged out of the cab... he was ok but had 2 cuts!!!!! that was all

Blerdy shocking!!
Old 18-01-07, 04:49 PM   #4
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819
I should know i helped the lorry driver just after he had been dragged out of the cab... he was ok but had 2 cuts!!!!! that was all

Blerdy shocking!!
Oh no, are you ok .... its horible witnessing stuff and seeing others in distress
Old 18-01-07, 09:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819

Blerdy shocking!!
Oh no, are you ok .... its horrible witnessing stuff and seeing others in distress
yea yea im good ta, it was a bit strange, i remember seeing the lorry on its side about 100 meters away, i left my car in the outside lane with its hazards on, doned my fluorescent jacket and and ran towards the cab, thinking "oh i think i might whiteness my first dead person...

fortunately i was the second on the scene and the driver was ok, how i will never know as the lorry had toppled into the armco and missed a lamppost by inches... he wasn't wearing a seat belt and only had 2 scratches to his fingers from the glass...

when i crossed the motorway to were the guy was sitting he was sat there looking pale... i put my jacket on him and moved my car from danger, i then sat him in my car and waited for the police.... turns out they were so long because of all the ppl there none of us had called the police...

any way they turned up quickly once they were called and took it all from there...

it was a bit scary to see a lorry on its side.. but at least that was the worse i saw today... it was HELL on the m62...

thanks for the concern though..