SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 10-12-04, 11:01 AM   #1
Daz

Default Tyres you have... tyres you gettin'?

Yeah I know this belongs in the Tyres sections. But there aren't enough posts on here.

I'm running on the stock Dunlop D220's. I crashed my first bike on these - lost the rear. On my new bike - as it started to get cold - I noticed the rear moving around as I changed down through the gears I havent been out lately. The roads look to greasy and dangerous. Can't wait to get new tyres on the bike.

The tyres I'm considering getting are the Metzler Roadtec Z6 or the Continental Road Attack. My dealer is recommending the Bridgestone BT020. Will probably get the Roadtec's
Old 10-12-04, 12:28 PM   #2
irl_dar

pirelli diablo's,
amazing in the wet and unrea; in the dry
Dar
Old 11-12-04, 02:25 PM   #3
Anonymous

020s are great 9500 miles out of a set. solid in the rain
Old 11-12-04, 08:01 PM   #4
Sharpy

Pirelli Dragon Evo, just had them fitted to the Mille and used them for 3 years on the SV thats recommendation enough
Old 11-12-04, 09:50 PM   #5
WicklowSV

Gotta reccomend he Pirelli Diablo's as well. Dont last as long as the 020's but when I first put the Pirelli's on my SV I had the best spin ever - over the Wicklow gap three times in all!

Depends on what you want really - if your on the bike day in day out - then the Bridgestones are the right thing. But if your not doing really high miles - then go with grippier rubber like the Diablos....
Old 04-02-05, 05:28 PM   #6
dclifford

Where have you guys bought your tyres in Ireland. I have gotten a price of 330 euro for a set of fitted Diablos. The same tyres are 100 euro cheaper from Crosson Motorcycles. Anyone know if Crosson fit tyres as well? They have free postage, but just wondering where to get them fitted.
Old 04-02-05, 10:34 PM   #7
GC-SV

As I am waiting on my new 1st (bike) SV, I wonder what tryes are fitted as stock.
Hope they are decent enough as theres no money left to change them not to mention the fact that it would seem a waste of fresh rubber.

It will be restricted to 33 bhp and I won't exactly be pushing it on that hard anyway.
So hopefully whatever is on it will be fine for my use at the beginning.