SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 19-09-07, 05:52 PM   #1
Paws

Default Hein gericke GEL cleaner

Nooo im not recommending this just because i work for hg, itshonestly great stuff!
My poor sv hardly ever gets cleaned.....and ive never found anything that really does the job without LOADS of effort going ino getting all the dirt off, tried our GEL (NOT the liquid spray) the other day-its brill!!! i now can see what colour my rear shock is!!!
£2.99 and its in a red spray bottle, spray it on-leave on for UP TO 30mins and rinse off with cold water-sorted
Old 19-09-07, 06:26 PM   #2
andyb

Default Re: Hein gericke GEL cleaner

Sounds just the kind of thing I'm looking for,maximum results minimum effort! Guess where I'm going at the weekend
Old 19-09-07, 06:33 PM   #3
Paws

Its seriously good stuff, claened my rear shock up etc a treat with no real effort,no wonder we never have any of it in!
Old 26-09-07, 07:28 AM   #4
Jdubya

They got some in at Maidstone branch but stocks are limited I believe. I wanted the big 4l container but they only had the 1l spray bottles in...get it while you can!
Old 01-10-07, 01:28 PM   #5
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Oooo... might have to grab some o' that!

How does it compare to Muc-Off?
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 01:46 PM   #6
hovis

whats it like on alloy?

the last stuff i used left the frame & can all streaky.......... so i had to autosol them, which i was going to do anyway, but thats not the point
Old 05-10-07, 02:07 PM   #7
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Do they sell this stuff online by any chance?

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-07, 07:23 PM   #8
Jay1

Went into the Purley HG today to get some of this but they didn't have it so I bought some Auto glym motorcycle cleaner instead. Not even sure if it's any good, just wanted to buy something and the bike needs a wash.
Old 06-10-07, 08:59 PM   #9
ejohnh

I've had stuff lying around my garage for years. Found some Gunk in there the other day and used it to clean the fling off the back wheel and also to get the thickened grease crap off the rear shock and inside the hugger. I had forgotten just how good it is. Wonder if it's still on sale..
Old 07-10-07, 06:19 PM   #10
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
Its seriously good stuff, claened my rear shock up etc a treat with no real effort,no wonder we never have any of it in!
So why tease us with it if you've never got it? Bad girl, go sit in the corner.