SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-09-08, 07:41 PM   #1
hovis

Default disapinery hearing in work for joining facebook group

i work in a council run leisure centre, and a customer had a fall out with someone i work with, which was going on for a bit, it ended when the person i work with made a complaint that the custermer was harasing her? he said he was not but he got banned for a year

anywho........ the custumer started a facebook to get him back in, now every one that works in the leisure center that joined the group is facing a disapinery hearing, i joined, but i have not heard anything yet?

surley this can not be done?
Old 10-09-08, 07:42 PM   #2
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: disapinery hearing in work for joining facebook group

Speak to a Union representative and fast
Old 10-09-08, 07:44 PM   #3
hovis

THE FACEBOOK GROUP

"i know you may not believe it but i have been banned ...... i wasnt told what for at first, found out the next day.

A report has been received of inappropriate behaviour in particular, on Thursday 19 June 2008, when Damian viewed a Circuits Fitness Class.

During the session a participant drew the curtain at the window that Damian was viewing through as his presence was felt to be inappropriate, however he chose to move to another vision panel to continue viewing the session, along with his sandwich, banana and bottle of water. Although as an isolated incident this may seem a minor issue, given the difficult relationship between yourself and ******* *******, your past behaviour and resulting restrictions from using the centre, this further incident gave serious cause for concern.

SO BASICALLY. i have been banned for watching an activity through a window in a public place????? i am confused.com??? what do i do now."
Old 10-09-08, 07:45 PM   #4
Welsh_Wizard

hmm...interesting indeed.

Probably find that the bosses are taking it a little far in my opinion but I bet there saying that if you joined the group, you essentially taking sides with the guy that started it? What did the group say? Was it abusive?? Personally mate I would get as much proof as possible to show your bosses that you didn't join to be a harrasser, you simply joined to monitor the situation, and there shouldn't be a lot they can do*

(*disclaimer : might be different if they prove you were accessing the group in work thus using company resources when you should have been working..)
Old 10-09-08, 07:47 PM   #5
hovis

Internet banned in work
Old 10-09-08, 07:48 PM   #6
Welsh_Wizard

..so they are basically giving you a disciplinary hearing for something that happened outside of office hours whilst you accessed the internet from your own home ???
Old 10-09-08, 07:49 PM   #7
Woz

Surely, what you look at on your computer in your time has absolutely nothing to do with your employer.
Old 10-09-08, 07:50 PM   #8
hovis

yup..........

although i have not had a letter..........yet, but most have

it may help i have not got my real name on facebook

(i better change my picy)
Old 10-09-08, 07:51 PM   #9
Sean_C

Tell them to eff off, as said above, what you do in your own time with your own resources has absolutely nothing to do with your employer.
Old 10-09-08, 07:52 PM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Whats been said on the face book group ? Anything defamatory towards the business or council ? Personal details relating to any employee etc etc

One of the managers at our place tried to get one of the groups setup shut down about my company, it never happened...

If they are monitoring facebook, they'll know about you and where you go on t'internet so I'd be careful about what you post on the .org they might well read it...

Personally in your shoes I'd unjoin the group and sit quiet about it and wait and see what happens, if you havent been given a disclinary just keep your head down and your mouth shut, especially if you werent involved in the incident.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote