SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-06-07, 03:26 PM   #1
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Ducati 749S and me !

Well my fellow org'ers, it is tme for me to eat humble pie.

I've been out today on Liz's 749 to get new tyres fitted for it prior to the North / South ( Note to MattSV )

We ditched the Standard Diablo on the rear which was square and chewing up in the centre, and the Dragon EVO on the front, also square and TBH the profile was screwed and flat spotted after sitting in the same place in the bike dealer for 9 months...

Fitted a pair of Diablo Corsa III's

KIN ELL, its transformed the bike completely, 10 or 15 so gentle miles and then I started to ride a bit harder and lean a bit more. I've clicked with it now, it steers again !! now more muscling the bike around, just nudge the bars and your into the corner, its stable as anything. I cant believe it !!!

Its not quite as quick to steer initially as my GSXR is but its not far off it, the understeer has gone, but the stability in the corner is there, you can pick your line and gently place the bike on the line you want, it'll hold that line or you can adjust your with no fuss what so ever.

Quite frankly I'm amazed I never expected to click with this bike, but I am forced to eat humble pie over my previous comments about how I didnt like riding it, because now I do.

Amazing the difference a new set of boots make isnt it !!

I think for me the GSX still has the edge, slightly sharper handling, with a bnit more power, but theres not much in it. I'd really now like to try a 999 just so I can see how that compares.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 03:29 PM   #2
Filipe M.

Default Re: Ducati 749S and me !

You're still nuts.
Old 11-06-07, 04:05 PM   #3
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Amazing the difference a new set of boots make isnt it !!
It certainly is - had a set of Conti Road Attacks fitted to the Zed on Friday and I love them!

Glad to hear the Duke isnt a total lemon...
Old 11-06-07, 04:38 PM   #4
Pedrosa

Is a big pity old Mr.farty pants, Peter Henry not be around seeing you say such nice thing of Ducati 749s Mr.Fizz. He maybe giving you big kissing?