SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 26-04-10, 09:30 PM   #1
BlackMage23

Default 2001 Blue Curvy SV for sale with tons of extras.

Not literally "tons" of extras - that would add far too much weight to the bike

On to the serious matter. Helping my friend sell his SV650S as he did buy it from me

This started off life as a standard K1 bike, and has had a lot work put into it since then. Here is the list of bits that I can remember:

Datatool S4 Red alarm/immobilizer.
Suzuki lower fairings.
Blue flame high level exhaust with removable baffles.
04 ZX10 rear shock.
Black Rear Hugger.
Smaller rear undertray, no more snow shovel - The chrome bolts in the picture are LEDs for the number plate.
Polished forks.
Hagon springs and 15w oil - also put new fork seals on last summer.
Yoke protector.
Black double screen - Also have a clear double screen.
LED indicators front and rear.
Blue clock lights.
Gear indicator.
Blue dipped light - the small one above the main lights, it is a bit hard to see, but a nice small touch.
HID lights - I'll try and get a picture of the effect those give on the road, but they are worth it.
R&G Cotton Reels.
R&G Crash Protectors.
R&G Bar ends.
Gel seat
Blue Pro bolt brake reservoir cap.
Blue Pro bolt fairing bolts.
Fender extender.
Blue Goodridge braided brake lines.
Hayes manual

Think that's everything, sorry for the random order, I wrote that as I remembered each part (maybe I should have made a list first).

it Has Michelin Pilots on it which as you can see from the pics have plenty of life left.

Before anyone asks, yes that is a standard sized road legal number plate.

It is Taxed until end of July and is about to have its MOT done as that's due in 3 weeks. Has done 24590 miles as of Sunday, will have a few more on there as it has to be taken to the MOT centre.

This has been well looked after and serviced carefully by both of us.
He has receipts for most of the work that has been done over the last 3 years. Bike still has the original tool kit.

I took all the pictures (Except for the clocks in the dark). I hope that shows off the condition well for everyone (maybe I got carried away). You can view the bike most evenings after 7.

The Price he is asking for is £2000 - While a lot for a curvy, i'm sure most people will agree that there are a lot of extras there that make it worth it.

Please let me know what you you all think.

Old 27-04-10, 09:43 AM   #2
degsy

Default Re: 2001 Blue Curvy SV for sale with tons of extras.

any chance you'd consider selling the fairing lowers separately?
Old 27-04-10, 10:17 AM   #3
BlackMage23

No sorry, looking to sell the whole bike.
Old 27-04-10, 03:10 PM   #4
instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23 View Post

Please let me know what you you all think.
I think it is rather expensive. I'd give him £1500 for it and he could keep the lower fairings and stick the original exhaust back on. He'd get £120 for the fairings and another £120-140 for the can. Food for thought. Plus I'm local!!!
Old 27-04-10, 03:17 PM   #5
BlackMage23

I get what your saying, but he does not have the original parts, most of those were ebay'ed or chucked to make space in the garage (his garage is a mess).

You say £1500 which is about the trade price for a SV of this age and mileage. but it would probably cost another £1500 to have all the bits added to it which we have done.
Old 27-04-10, 03:22 PM   #6
instigator

Yeah, not denying that at all Just all the bits and bobs you put on bikes are never worth what they're paid for. Unless you find that very specific person that wants their bike JUST like that - hey though, they're out there. Good luck
Old 27-04-10, 03:28 PM   #7
BlackMage23

I'll talk to him about it, but I don't think he'll want to go spending more money on it getting original parts for it just to sell it. Plus most of the things done are things I think most people with a curvy would want.
Old 27-04-10, 04:25 PM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

Whilst it is a nice bike and in good condition, he'll be lucky to get £2000 for it

I only paid £1800 for mine 2 years ago, with 7000 miles on the clock

My bike is very similar in spec, lowers, hagon shock etc. But I don't expect my money back, unless I flog off the good bits seperately
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 04:34 PM   #9
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Have to agree, too expensive, in fact before I crashed mine it was almost identical in spec except I had less mileage on mine. I always hoped that if I sold it someone would give me £1500 but knew that was optimistic.

Good luck to him though. £1200 n I might be tempted
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-10, 04:49 PM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

You have forgotten the golden rule when selling a bike, you only get what the market value is for it, be it a dealers market value, which personally I think you are trying to achieve, or private.
In all honesty you never get what you pay for all the stuff you add to a bike, my god, if it was like that I'd be asking 5k for my yellow SV!

Although very clean, and very well kept, I wouldn't be looking for anything over 1700 quid, with hope in getting 15-1600. You'll be lucky to get that at the moment.
For instance, I am looking for a very reasonable 1400 for my blingy black curvy, and someone else is trying to sell a V Rap 1000 on here, and he can't even get 2k for such a big fab bike, and hes been at the for a while.
Wayyyyyy too over the mark on the pennies I'm afraid.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 27-04-10 at 04:51 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote