SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 13-07-17, 07:53 PM   #3751
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

No, my wife is away at a festival so I have a few days to myself. Thought I would get out shooting.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-17, 08:07 PM   #3752
yokohama

sounds good ....
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-17, 08:45 PM   #3753
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Been dipping in and out of here, lots of other things going on. Sitting in a hotel tonight so more time on my hands. Need to get on and finish the film in my Ensign so I can see that it's all ok. Got part of a film in a Pentax, want to do some experimenting with fill flash again, I thought I had it but my last couple of attempts were dire. Picked up a rangefinder (shoe mount) but needs fiddling with, if you adjust it to read right close to then it's miles off far away and vice versa, think I can fix it but need to have a look. Found a Mamiya Six Automat on ebay being advertised as a non-Automat model and at a decent price even if it were a standard one, so am just thrashing it out with the seller and he's going to hopefully find a case for it. It's in Japan so I'll have to pay the VAT but it'll come to about £100 all in, which is still less than an Automat by at least £50. It's a coupled RF with a single VF window which is what I really want as scale focus or uncoupled RFs are too much of a fiddle for me. Interesting design, moves the film plane to focus, so no movement of the lens itself. Envy you having the opportunity to have a bit of time just to go and see what you find Kenzie!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-17, 08:57 PM   #3754
Kenzie

Sounds like it could be a good one there Johnny. I didn't really need the VF but for £3 I wasn't going to pass it up. Both of them are pretty much mint so they probably came from the same person. Annoyed about loosing two sheets of fp100c as its about £2 a go. What rangefinder was it? I picked up a cheapy one but the split image is nonexistent. Did spot a Minolta af 35mm slr for a tenner but its too much plastic for my liking.

Old 14-07-17, 01:55 PM   #3755
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

This is the Mamiya
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332300345788
waiting to see a picture of the case then will buy it. The RF I got was this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Johnson-Wr...r/142427333246
The image is clear. The moving mirror is mounted on a spring steel tab, the distance knob basically screws in and pushes on the tab, with the centre screw as an adjuster. I think if I can adjust the position of the tab, the screw will bear on it further from the pivot point and so will move the mirror less. That or I need to add my own distance marks to the dial! I tried to make sure I got one in feet and with distances that match the Ensign focus scale. Unless I can make it accurate again then that part was a waste of time! The seller was asking about £7 for postage so no one was interested, I talked him down to £4 though, he insisted it was a signed-for delivery.
Old 14-07-17, 02:11 PM   #3756
Kenzie

Thats a nice looking bit of kit there Johnny. I just developed your film at last, only had one image on it. Its just drying at the moment and I will get it scanned. I think I will stick to black and white, so much easier!
Old 14-07-17, 02:24 PM   #3757
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Thanks, think I took three, can't remember though! No telling what state the film was in, think it was fairly old. I wonder if it was even an image I took? I think the first one I took, I got the shutter lever dislodged when I popped it open, can't remember the others.
Old 14-07-17, 02:31 PM   #3758
Kenzie

It was the very first image on the roll. The rest is blank. Couldn't load it into the Patterson tank as there was a nasty curl on the end so it went into the AP tank instead. Now in the scanner.
Old 14-07-17, 03:08 PM   #3759
Kenzie

Old 14-07-17, 03:57 PM   #3760
Kenzie

Does anyone know how to test a bulb? I have a Kodak 8mm projector but I think the bulb is gone. Visually it looks fine but doesn't work. Checked it for resistance but its zero. Is that right?