SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-01-21, 08:08 AM   #1
gadget

Default Curvy bars swap

Hi all, I'm hoping I can get some info on suitable bars for my curvy 'S' bars swap. I have a spare top yoke and a pair of risers which will be welded to the yoke, my question is this... has anyone here done the 'home brew' yoke mod on a curvy 'S'? and if so ... did you have to trim/modify the screen or fairing in any way? I'm leaning towards drag bars ( not the sort frequented by certain gents!) I will deal with the cables and wiring once the bars are in place as there are a few options there. It would be nice not to have the chop the fairing about but don't mind too much if I have to trim the 'ears' off the actual screen.
Any recommendations as to ..rise/pull back etc: or even make/ part number of some suitable bars?
Any experience/ help here would be great.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 06:02 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Curvy bars swap

Can't help directly, as I did mine a different way by using Gilles Vario bars, which are clip ons, as I had GSXR forks

I did buy but not fully fit a Top Yokes billet alloy yoke, and if memory serves me correctly I tried a Renthal low rise bar, just for more height, which was ok for clearance with the fairing.

Curvy is much harder to fit a yoke conversion, as the fairing gap is small. Don't forget you must also not foul the tank on lock to lock.

I seem to remember seeing a curvy S with flat drag bars and that was fine for clearance.

There must be pictures of Curvy S's with top yoke conversions on here or SVrider.com
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 07:16 PM   #3
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

I've not long done a bar conversion on my curvy, not a homebrew yoke but bought a billet one and fitted renthal ultra low bars. I did have to trim the screen a bit but not the fairing
Old 07-01-21, 09:47 PM   #4
gadget

Cheers peeps for replies, I thought the ultra low or drag bars were sensible choices tbh, even the flat drag bars will still be almost six inches higher than the clipons once mounted on the risers. If the 'pull back' is enough and at the correct angle i might get away with not trimming the screen too much.
I have some 22mm copper pipe and pipe benders so once the yoke and risers are installed I can have a play with height/angles/and bends to get the best compromise then hopefully get some bars that match as closely as possible.
Thanks for your input peeps.��
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote