SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 17-01-21, 09:44 PM   #7581
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I've seen a few M1s for sale recently, with their respective M Zuiko lenses too. 200 seems a reasonable price considering a decent OM1 generally goes for £100+. Imagine they'll become increasingly collectable over time.
A few more frames and the film in the Yashica is finished. I'll move on to b&w with the next one.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-21, 10:02 AM   #7582
Kenzie

If I had the spare cash I would jump at it but I don't. It's looking like I am going to have to put a new set of tyres on the SV in the near future. Plenty of tread on them but the are showing signs of age now. Not that we can go anywhere anyway! Can't wait for this to be all over and we can be let loose and catch up with all the places we want to visit.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-21, 06:26 PM   #7583
Kenzie

You safe up there from the flooding JR? I know you aren't in Doncaster itself but its in the news.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 19-01-21, 09:11 PM   #7584
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

All fine thanks, yeah we're out of town, there is a low-lying area of Tickhill that does have problems sometimes, they have had some sandbags dropped off by the council, but we're fine on our side of town.
I don't use DoF preview much, too dark!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-21, 08:17 AM   #7585
Kenzie

My thoughts exactly, it dims the viewfinder too much! I sent off a load of films yesterday to Snaps to be developed, got the test film from the AE1 and the Leica, as well as one from the Sprocket Rocket and two I found that I shot last year in an OM2. Hoping to get my Zorki and LC-A back in a few days, apparently the Zorki shutter was really bad so both curtains were replaced. The LC-A had some internal rust issues that was causing the shutter to misbehave, but I'll get a full report when Roger sends them back. I managed to get the shutter speed pointer sorted out in the Pentax K2, had to take the top off and lift a circuit board on the left up and adjust the gear. Finally got a frame for a poster I was given ages ago.

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-01-21 at 03:08 PM.
Old 21-01-21, 09:18 PM   #7586
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Looks nice, i just have a few in a shelf in a wall unit - Contax, Certo and Contessa
Old 22-01-21, 06:32 AM   #7587
Kenzie

I've been sorting through my room, I didn't realise how many little trinkets I have accumulated over the years.

Old 23-01-21, 08:06 PM   #7588
Kenzie

Ugh, I may have to strip the Canon FD down again as the aperture has stuck again. I will probably have to take the blades apart and clean each one as well as the assembly. There is a cheap Leica iii body on ebay at the moment, untested but looks OK.

Old 23-01-21, 08:41 PM   #7589
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Still not found the patience to fix the flash sync in my MX so put some film in the K2 instead. Got my 450mm lens and a 2x Barlow and took some moon pics tonight. Exposure is always difficult as it's very bright but varies a lot over the cycle, so you have to bracket a few stops. The 2x adapter takes about 2 stops off, so I was effectively shooting at f16
Old 23-01-21, 09:52 PM   #7590
Kenzie

What was wrong with the MX again? That problem has been around ages hasn't it? I did see your pic on Facebook book, only thing I have that big is the 300mm Tair 3 from my Photosniper. I still haven't got my OM gear back yet sadly. I'm also still waiting to hear from Roger about my Soviet gear, but he did say he was nearly done.