SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-01-21, 12:30 PM   #41
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: caved in...

Just activate DND on the pull down settings and then you'll get NO disturbance.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 03:14 PM   #42
Bibio
Mega Poster

FFS.. just went to try and use the camera to see what its like. you cant use it unless you turn the mike on... now that just plain stupid.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 07:30 PM   #43
Bibio
Mega Poster

I don't like using this phone on here
Old 12-02-21, 05:03 PM   #44
Bibio
Mega Poster

first months mobile data usage is a whopping 320mb.. yes i said megabytes. that was messing with netflix and personal hotspot to see if it worked for a while as well.

the phone has just turned it counter so i have switched off wifi.
Old 12-02-21, 07:14 PM   #45
timwilky
Mega Poster

read small prints.

I have multiple sims in office and garage alarms and also the bike trackers from giffgaff. All pay as you go and use minimal.

My phone is unlimited talk/sms/data from Virgin. But I needed a fall over internet.

I have 600Mb Virgin, but cannot get a telephone based internet as I am too far from the exchange (5m) for internet over aluminium cable. Yes aluminium and not copper with no plans for FTTP despite all the ads I get over the internet. So I need an unlimited sim.

3 great except it is 3G, they caught me when my kids persuaded me to go with them to discover no 4G where I live.
EE great 4G, but their unlimited is actually a fair use of 1TB. for someone like me who uses about 100GB/day useless.
So I currently have an unlimited sim from Vodafone business which cost me £26/month. Even though it is 5G. I cannot get a 5G signal.

I have acrually had to lend my daughter the modem and a wifi router as she has been waiting 3 months for openreach to provide a line to her farmhouse. I saw them doing the install to the yard last week so hopefully she may be live. But as she is about 6 miles from the exchange I somehow think she may be getting a signal litle better than my aluminium cable. She initially told me the modem/router were not working. Well no, her house was built 1629 and has solid stone walls/roof Reposition the modem in the window that gave strongest signal and 20yard of cable to the wifi router in the lounge and the smart tv gets wifi.

Bonus 14yr old dirt bag grandson can only use his laptop/phone in the lounge so no more dodgy sites.
Old 13-02-21, 05:34 PM   #46
Bibio
Mega Poster

i get a strong 4g signal where i live. i have been informed that i cant use personal hotspot for streaming but i can cast from my phone to tv and do it that way. i have not tried yet so project for later. unlimited streaming on netflix etc.etc is £15 month on Voxi.