SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 09-05-08, 03:35 PM   #1
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default This years Bikesafe Dates and Venues - Staffordshire

OK just got the dates and venues from work so here they are and all free, you just gotta ring and book.

Sun 11th May Winking Man, A53 Near Leek
Sat 31 May Suttons Motorccyles, Tamworth
Sat 7 June Foley Motorcylces, Fenton, S-O-T
Sat 14 June B S Bikes, Sandyford, S-O-T
Sun 22 June Burton Albion FC, Burton
Sat 12 July K2 Motorcycles, Shelton, S-O-T
Sat 26 July C M C, Cannock
Sat 2 Aug Chells Motorcycles, Stafford <---- best town !!!

For further information please contact either John Edmondson or Geoff Martin on or text your name and land line number to 07805363618.

If you go PM me and I will find if my buds are on shift, they a great bunch of guys.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 04:10 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: This years Bikesafe Dates and venues

Thanks for sorting this Shell.

I assume these are single BikeSafe days (ie, no FBOS).

I'll wait until I get my licence back before calling to ask about booking a day.

I assume BTW that the usual rules apply, bring licence/insurance/MOT proof, and minor legal issues will be overlooked, but safety issues are important (so turn up with a loud can & they don't mind, but try riding on a bald tyre & expect a roasting).

EDIT: LP, sticky?
Old 09-05-08, 05:15 PM   #3
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post

I'll wait until I get my licence back before calling to ask about booking a day.

I assume BTW that the usual rules apply, bring licence/insurance/MOT proof, and minor legal issues will be overlooked, but safety issues are important (so turn up with a loud can & they don't mind, but try riding on a bald tyre & expect a roasting).

I dunno but I will ask the ones that will be doing it, they on rest days now so I wont bother them til Sunday and post up. Anything else you want to know post up before Sunday and I will do my best to get ya the answers!!
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 12-05-08, 04:35 PM   #4
$tevo

Default Re: This years Bikesafe Dates and Venues - Staffordshire

Shell, Are the ones doing the Bikesafe course the same fellas who were at the Stafford Classic bike show handing out leaflets and stickers etc?

I booked up for 7th June at Foley's while I was there
Old 12-05-08, 04:49 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tildo View Post
Shell, Are the ones doing the Bikesafe course the same fellas who were at the Stafford Classic bike show handing out leaflets and stickers etc?

I booked up for 7th June at Foley's while I was there
I guess so, there are 2 shifts and I know one shift more than the other due to working with them for a month. To be honest they are all a great bunch of guys.

Old 13-05-08, 07:10 AM   #6
$tevo

The ones that I met included a scary looking one with a beard We had a stall just inside the door where they were set up so I spent quite some time knocking around them. At one point, someone with an attitude went to beardy one and told him to stop wasting his time and get out and catch some criminals I was amazed how polite the bobby was...
Old 13-05-08, 03:39 PM   #7
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post

OK spoke to Sgt today re Bikesafe and he said basically don't take the Pi$$. If a member of the public would be shocked by the sound of your can then put the baffle in. If your plate is TOO small they will not take you out, if its smaller than road legal but not tiny winy then ya'll be OK.

Safety wise, tread on tyres would be good folks and insurance/tax etc else they may seize ya bike LOL and send ya to court/give you some points you don't want LOL.

To be honest its just common sense, they are not going to be there to inspect your bike but want to ensure a safe and legal day !!

Enjoy if you go ... I have warned him there may be a mad bunch calling up, Sgt used to own an SV650S and he who recommended them to me !!! Ya'll like him if you get Kev say hi from me

Old 13-05-08, 03:40 PM   #8
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tildo View Post
The ones that I met included a scary looking one with a beard We had a stall just inside the door where they were set up so I spent quite some time knocking around them. At one point, someone with an attitude went to beardy one and told him to stop wasting his time and get out and catch some criminals I was amazed how polite the bobby was...
Completely bald head and long goatee, large chap !!! He is cool LOL. His shift are doing Foleys Bikesafe, I worked alongside the other shift but they are all great guys.

That chap had me one day when I was in my own car off duty for speeding LOL, he warned me at a junction LOL he didnt recognise me until is colleague did ........... grassed me up LOL