SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-07-09, 01:10 PM   #1
kellyjo

Default Gutted!!

After it poured cats and dogs yesterday the sun's finally shining, my bikes sparkling and got a full tank of petrol and what do i have to do now?? Mow the flippin' lawn, thats what, cos the landlord wants to do a house inspection tomorrow, IT SUCKS !! Grrrrr.....
Old 28-07-09, 01:14 PM   #2
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: Gutted!!

Do it later....go on the bike just now!
Old 28-07-09, 01:16 PM   #3
Alpinestarhero

mowing the lawn dont take long, do it now, then go out on the bike and stop off at a pub for dinner

epic win!
Old 28-07-09, 01:18 PM   #4
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Tell him he needs to give 24 hours notice and do it the next day
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-09, 01:32 PM   #5
kellyjo

They gave me 48 hours notice but the gardens been waterlogged, yuk! Cant do it tomorrow cos tomorrow i've got to get the bike packed up and ready for the AR, yay !
Old 28-07-09, 01:35 PM   #6
hindle8907
Mega Poster

its sunny down there is p'ing down here lol
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-09, 02:36 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Ahem {property expert mode on} Your lanlord can give you a miniumum of 48hrs notice but it has to be a time that is mutually convenient for both parties. Just advise him that something came up and you now wont be able to be there tomorrow. Tell him you'll happily do it same time next week if thats good for him?
If he says he will come and inspect without you being there just tell him you're not comfortable with that. he has no right to enter the property without your express permission, only in very extreme circumstances is that allowed. Like a leak, your failure to allow an inspection over a period of time, etc.
If he's a reasoable guy he'll accept things come up and will be OK about doing it next week.
Personally, i'd throw in "its a good job somethign came up actually as the garden has been waterlogged and so cant be mown till its dry and i dont want you thinking we'd just been lazy, lol. See you next week"
[property expert mode off]

Now go call him ASAP and then go ride your bike
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-09, 08:44 PM   #8
Lozzo

Our landlord does our gardening, just as well cos there's no way I'm cutting about a 1/3 of an acre of lawn