SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-03-09, 08:34 PM   #1
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default 2 year service deal problems

When I bought my bike from John Pease in Braintree I got the 2 year service deal as part of the package. John Pease then closed down and they now send you to Knights, also in Braintree, for servicing. However, when I took the SV there for the first annual service yesterday Knights tried to charge me. They said they called the Pease car dealership who hold all the bike sale records only to be told they could find no record of me on the 2 year deal.

I then called Pease and got a real case of 'Computer says no' although after much discussion I got them to agree to pay for this service but they said for the next annual one unless I can prove I got the 2 year deal then it's tough, I'll have to pay.

This seems very unfair when it's their record keeping that is at fault.

The very nice lads at Knights then told me that on the 2 year deal I should not have paid John Pease £45 for parts on the first service at 600 miles either! So I'm getting doubly ripped off.

Anyone else had similar problems?
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-09, 08:42 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: 2 year service deal problems

Not have a receipt?
Old 15-03-09, 11:42 AM   #3
sv_rory

I would go direct to the biggest beef at the dealer, if you dont get anywhere i would take it higher or write to the papers.

I managed to get a repaint through fiats after months of being fobbed off, i never backed down, a good way i have found is to stand in the shop if you dont get your own way and when people walk in then say loudly oh i wouldnt reccomend buying a bike from here!

Managment are too keen at that point to help you !

That worked very well indeed for me and pc world
Old 15-03-09, 12:38 PM   #4
thefallenangel

I hate these service packs. I got one and they're the crappest thing ever. I am seriously considering never going back although my 15k service is valve clearances so i might.
Old 15-03-09, 12:46 PM   #5
ThEGr33k

Suckage, but as dizzy says, is there no receipt your end? Wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of scam
Old 15-03-09, 04:46 PM   #6
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

John Pease were always cr4p with the customer service - I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.
How old is your bike LPH? If it's stillnewish could you go direct to Suzuki UK who may honour the deal.
If not try Parkinson's in Colchester. They've always been good to me.
But without any paperwork to prove you case you could well be stuck.
Good luck
Old 19-03-09, 01:43 PM   #7
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Bike was bought from the brand spanking new. It's now a year old. The receipt is only for the bike, no mention of the deal on it. I may ring the Suzuki dealer in Leigh on Sea and ask if they can help. The guy I dealt with at Pease walked off in a huff one day and never came back - and becasue he is no longer there they won't honour the deal.
Old 19-03-09, 02:08 PM   #8
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
The very nice lads at Knights then told me that on the 2 year deal I should not have paid John Pease £45 for parts on the first service at 600 miles either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
The receipt is only for the bike, no mention of the deal on it.
Sounds like you were never officially on the deal, it was some sales patter to get you to buy. The 600 mile service is 'free' to all, just pay for parts - therefore that is a standard service. Now they say no record of you being on the 2 year deal.... sorry, I think they are right 'contractually'.

Unless you have some documentation to prove you were given this deal, you are screwed I think.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-09, 02:41 PM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

Was this servicing deal, free, or have you paid for it? As said, dont you have a reciept? The fact that you paid for the 1st service in anyway should have told you that it was a no goer!

As for an Annual service!! I take it you dont ride much.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-09, 03:14 PM   #10
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

First service at 600 miles I didn't pay for labour but now found oil etc should have been free too. I have only just done 3000 miles.