SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-01-06, 06:37 PM   #1
Saint Matt

Default Mini for sale, ideal first car

Hi, got my Studio 2 about a month ago but it's not really to my taste, I'm not really a mini fan. It's in good condition for it's age, about 56k miles from the top of my head give or take a cm or two. The arches have got filler in them, as someone tried and failed to fit some arches, a £30 arch kit would cover these without a problem, but it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. The engine is very reliable, starts first time every time, even in the coldest and wettest weather. Has had a recent head gasket change at christmas as the compression was a bit low for my liking. It has MOT until July '06 and tax until May '06. It has 12" MOD matt silver alloys, and also minimal rust on the bodywork and absolutley NO RUST OR HOLES on the subframes, floor pan or any other chassis/load bearing part The interior is in very good condition and it is original Studio 2 spec. It has a rev counter and a boot board set. I can't think of any other things to mention, if you have any questions, please ask away, and please don't spam up this ad! Here are some pics, please ignore the mirror as it is being sorted!

This shows the arch filler, as you can see, not too bad and easily covered by an arch set!

I can deliver if petrol is paid for, I trust this car to go anywhere in the country Thanks for looking, Matt
Old 28-01-06, 06:52 PM   #2
mac

A price might be helpfull mate

Old 28-01-06, 07:24 PM   #3
Saint Matt

Ah crap, sorry, I copied and pasted off another forum! I put the price in the subtitle on there, the price is £600 ono
Old 29-01-06, 10:46 AM   #4
K

Is it a manual or automatic?
Old 29-01-06, 12:22 PM   #5
Saint Matt

Manual
Old 29-01-06, 02:49 PM   #6
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Matt
Manual
What, Mini's have gearbox?!
I thought they were like mopeds, gas it and it'll go!

Only kidding, I love Minis. I'd probably take you up on that if I were on the UK (and had the money, but that's another story altogether).
Old 29-01-06, 03:03 PM   #7
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Filipe M.: Yep its not like thoes crap little cars ive seen in portugal that you can drive on a bike licence. You know the ones, the old people drive. They have something like a 500cc engine. What a laugh when they go by, it sounds like a scooter.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-06, 04:35 PM   #8
Saint Matt

I want a Piaggio Ape though, I think Rossi had one as a kid too.
Old 29-01-06, 11:53 PM   #9
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
Filipe M.: Yep its not like thoes crap little cars ive seen in portugal that you can drive on a bike licence. You know the ones, the old people drive. They have something like a 500cc engine. What a laugh when they go by, it sounds like a scooter.
We call them Papa-Reformas (Retirement Eaters)... those little things should really be forbidden. You don't even need a bike license to drive them around here, you just need a 50 cc moped license for which you don't even need to take any kind of test or prove that you know how to behave on the road... Obviously most of the people driving them don't know, and are really accident-prone. Oh well...
Old 30-01-06, 12:28 PM   #10
K

*sigh* Being a crippo at the moment I can only drive an automatic (yes, there is such a beast as a Mini Auto!) but mine is a little 'rough' to say the least - put it this way, it's been christened Mouse because of the suspension squeaks!

If you can't sell it and decide to break it for parts drop me a line - there's a few bits I'd be willing to shell out for. (Wipers, alloys, headlight bezels, front grille and front/rear bumper for a start!)